The Travel Thread

I love that middle pic of the street.

1 Like

That’s in Santiago itself, it was very nice to cruise around that place without having to prepare for yet more walking the next day.

2 Likes

Did you guys watch the film or read the book before going? I really wanna do it for jokes (I love walking) my wife wants to do it for spiritual stuff

1 Like

Nope not seen the film, I kept thinking of Bill Bryson’s book a Walk in the Woods while doing it which I’ll have to read again I think.

1 Like

Not the film with Martin sheen? That one is shit.

I didn’t say the film was good :joy: I meant more, how did he find out about it was all

1 Like

Ah yeah that one was great!
Have you read I’m a Stranger Here Myself?

No, but it’s on the list! The last one I read was At Home which was incredibly interesting but a lot to take in.

1 Like

The body is a good one, found it interesting.

1 Like

Im in France, 1100km from home, knackered from the drive but absolutely stoked to be here again. Have floated in the sea and it is 100% my happy place

3 Likes

What are the chances you are in Marseille?

2 Likes

About 750 km away im afraid. Why?

Need someone to go to a flat viewing for me and take a video, the agent changed the time of the open house and we cant go anymore.

1 Like

Ah shit sorry mate, bit out of the way Im afraid

Whereabouts are you?

1 Like

In the Gironde eating cheese and floating

(Photo of only one of those things)

2 Likes

You go all the way down there for the philly?

2 Likes

Trains are fucked for us to get down to catch the Eurostar on Friday

Any links for cheap car or one way van hire?

Just got back from a 10-day road trip across Benelux.

Luxembourg: is very Swiss. Loads of restaurants and banks, very clean and very safe. Local skaters were super friendly. Loads of skaters.
Rotterdam: so different from Amsterdam. Very modern. Mad architecture. Good skate spots.
Bruges: sooo beautiful! Good restaurants. Too many tourists, go there in September or October I’d say. Cobblestones everywhere.
Brussels: fantastic. Great bars, good restaurants, exceptional beers, the Magritte museum… Everyone there is so friendly. Good skate scene with great people.

I had been to the Netherlands and Belgium before and I’ll keep going there, I really like the quality of life in Holland and Belgium is awesome.

6 Likes

Off to Sweden next week for the first time since covid hit, really really excited. I used to go there every month or so with work, can’t wait to be back.

2 Likes