The TV Thread

Ouch

MITM is more family friendly than the better ones listed above.

Can’t sit an 11 y/o down to watch Peep Show & I can’t take anymore Outnumbered.

Can British comedy shows be counted as being sitcoms? Would something like the Mighty Boosh or Nathan Barley be counted as a sitcom?

Is The Inbetweeners a sitcom? What about Fresh Meat?

Yeah, Comedy with regular characters and situation. I guess Sitcom has taken on a narrower genre over time based on a formula.

Situation Comedy, Inbetweeners - Set at a school, Fresh Meat - Set at Uni… I think Scrubs is very MITM. Easy watching, family friendly, background TV.

You get the UK Office, Cheers and such that are 99% purely set in the situation, where as others are more loosely based around it. I think it’s if it has a set up (group of friends, hospital, travel, home life, ect), then it’s classed as a sitcom. Does the Mighty Boosh sometimes fall in the sketch show?

Just reminded me of ‘My So Called Life’ Claire Danes was 14 and Jared Leto 21, oh the 90’s, haha.

Did anyone watch Uncle?! I loved it, but seemed to go under the radar…

15 Storeys High was another underrated one.

3 Likes

It’s so so so so fucking good. Top tier shit that.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0PP4cRAA7PqMmFsqSOCCXPNlhVrS03oG

The ice queen episode is especially good.

1 Like

Not going out.

Cheesy as hell but funny.

no that really sucks

3 Likes
4 Likes

Toast!!! :heart:

1 Like

Yes! 15 Storeys High is actually incredible. It’s crazy how few people saw it.

1 Like

Shit, forgot about People Just Do Nothing. Top tier British sitcom

2 Likes

It’s a shame really, does Sean Lock get to do anything except 8 out of 10 Cats now?

I really like Greg Davies

Man Down and Cuckoo are brilliant too.

2 Likes

Man Down is great, it was great when Rik was in it and it stayed great afterwards too.
With all the talk of Fifteen Storeys High, has no-one mentioned Ideal? Sean Lock had a fine pair of boobs in that.

Seen him live a couple of times too.

Do yous get Scot Squad?

Latest Curb with Jon Hamm was one of the great episodes.

1 Like