The TV Thread

Massively late but me and the Mrs are catching up with homeland (currently halfway through S2) and holy fuck it’s good.

Finished s5 of Better Call Saul the other day. Don’t blame anybody for dropping it in S1-3. You could probably just pick it up in S4 and you’d be fine. Cool to see Jimmy’s/Saul’s gradual move over to the dark side though.

Started on S2 of Peaky Blinders after a few months. Seems pretty good, and that the director/writer really wanted to compete with GoT for blood and boobs.

This was a tough watch. Really good stuff.

Lovecraft County on Now/sky, first episode is really good.

The Boys on Prime is fucking amazing. Dying laughing.

1 Like

Classic Poirot back on prime time ITV. I think Morse was on last night as well. Proper telly.

1 Like

A Touch of Frost next I hope!

A touch of Video Days next I hope.

If only for the resulting thread.

2 Likes

I’m watching Poirot chop up a mango in the theft of the royal red Ruby with a beer and there’s nothing you can do to stop me.

2 Likes

You want Rudy, not a Ruby, mate.

4 Likes

This episode is from 1991. The same year as VD.

I will report back on which ones aged best.

3 Likes

that implies you’re watching VD then.

1 Like

This looks like something that was predicted by Brass Eye, might give it a miss!

1 Like

He looks like he’s in the garden on his way to burgle the house

Got to get last nights millionaire on the go to see the Ronnie O’Sullivan of the quiz world. Holy fucking fuck.

This is the way…

https://youtu.be/Kz_GY9i9-cg

1 Like

Is there any point to Apple TV? I ignored the free year, but wife has a free year now and is keen.

Not much but a free year, can’t hurt.

1 Like

Just had a quick look. The only thing that stood out was fraggle rock.

2 Likes

Got BFI on Amazon, and it feels like while there’s still stuff on there that I want to see, another platform is pointless.

Not exactly swimming in free time these days.

1 Like