The TV Thread

I got the 4k box as part of a deal and the free year.
Can’t say I’ve watched anything directly on the apple subscription.
Found the Beasties thing corny so didn’t watch all of that.
Box is handy for other general bits like YouTube or netflix when I don’t need my pc on in the man cave.

1 Like

Ted Lasso is pretty funny, I’ve been really enjoying that recently. And the Morning Show was also really good - if it was in HBO everyone would be talking about it. There’s a film on it with Sam L Jackson and what’s his face from the Avengers which was also enjoyable.

There’s not much on it, but what is on it seems to be of a high quality.

1 Like

Watching Challenger on Netflix.
I remember the event interrupting a kid aimed tv game show that I was watching.
The interruption was a newsflash about this incident.
I was 10.

Can you remember the program it might have interrupted?
It was like a really early dungeon master but based in space.
Featured an aggressive shivering plant.
The last level, they were blindfold and had to take diagonal steps across a virtual board to reach the other side.
The end boss was invisible.

This?

2 Likes

That
But not that.
That was the dungeon master similarity.
It was earlier and based in space

They were vocally guided by their team members.

Oh The Vortex… right? That show used to scare me as they’d just die in space, which is strange as the Challenger disaster interrupted it… oof.

hqdefault

1 Like

Yup. @voodoo thats it

It was the final episode and then it went off to be replaced by the Challenger incident.

4 channels of TV at the time.

Channel 4 was what, 1982, about the same time as the introduction of the hexagonal 20 pence piece.

The Adventure Game, it was a BBC thing, the only other thing I remember about it is that Johnny Ball was on it and figured out all the random tasks they had to do.

I’m sure that when they got disintegrated by the Vortex they’d end up at a space bus stop.

can’t get an apple tv app on android tv obviously, so I’ll just watch apple tv content on Kodi then.

Adventure Game was terrifying. It made it look like the people actually died when they stepped on the wrong tile.

And that plant wouldn’t be allowed on TV now.

1 Like

A note about Adventure game from Wikipedia.
Can’t believe that I remember that so clearly.

I love how the title sounds like a zany sit com.

man, I loved and was weirded by The adventure game. That end game on the vortex thing was harrowing. Moira Stewart was in it too I think.

Just watched that as well, amazing to come back after cancer which had fully spread to the lungs and all that.

A good watch this, yes most of us know how social media is targeted and manipulated at us, but this goes in deep and really is a shame to see people who’ve never had a life without it and the way it’s affecting them.

2 Likes

Oh wow he’s somehow topped his David Cameron comments.

Fascist slags” was beautiful

1 Like

Fargo season 4 just started airing in the US.

1 Like