The TV Thread

Even as a repeat it’s a damning look back at the government’s complete incompetency. Christ

1 Like

Seen loads of reviews slating it but I thought it was okay, not his best thing ever but not awful.

Will probably rewatch anyway. CB always seems to do a good job of summing up my own feeling towards the fuckery that happens.

Oh I liked the death to 2020 thing.

1 Like

This was pretty funny as a similar screen wipe themed review of the year in America

Post Christmas lul mixed with snow means work is dead as a dodo today. Saw the story of THPS was on sky documentary’s and popped it on. Jaws looks incredibly healthy don’t he?

Is Top Shop open? I thought all non-essential shops in England were closed too. Guess not.

Yep open. Dependent on what tier. I work in Telford - tier 2. Non essential shops still open as well as restaurants and pubs for eating. I live in tier 3 but am allowed to come here for work… feels a bit backwards right :upside_down_face: (non essential shops are still open in tier 3 too)

1 Like

Right. Never thought I’d be one of the “It’s too confusing, no wonder people don’t know what they can do!” set, but here we are.

2 Likes

Had to get stuff from b&q and so as we’re tier 4 it’s click and collect only. Fair enough I know what I need. Made the order and got my scheduled collection time only to get down there and the whole fucking place is open. ‘Oh so you’re open as normal?’
‘What?’ said the woman on the collection bit.

To not derail too much done the first coat and will now watch TV.
It won’t be fucking Aaron ‘Jaws’ Homoki I know that much.

He looks like the messiah from Preacher:

2 Likes

Just popped the Death to 2020 on and it seems amusing so far. (10 mins in)

3 Likes

Yeah, pretty good. Not as good as Screenwipe - feel like it was aimed more to entertain international audiences - but it is fun.

Sam L Jackson is good in it.

1 Like

It’s screenwipe for Americans innit. Punchline every 30 seconds. I still liked it though.

1 Like

I thought it was done sensitively to be honest, I feel Brooker has the right outlook morally, and the things that were taken the piss out of were the right things and the things that were needed sensitivity were done respectfully to the right people.

You’re arguing against pretty much all satire there.

4 Likes

The George Floyd bit was done well

It is still sore as it’s all still happening but when do you do a show like this? it’s purpose is to roundup the year at the end. I get you though.

Watching this at the Moment, it’s really good if you don’t mind the subtitles.
It’s a good battle royale style mixed with hunger games type of series.

On Netflix

Yeah that got the thumbs up from my son who’s a weabo or otaku or something.
Into Japanese stuff.