The TV Thread

Weird logic. Nobody watched Indiana Jones and said “This is shit, whats Han Solo doing fighting Nazis” if he was a decent actor he should be able to do his job well enough that it wouldnt matter

Just seen an interview with favreau and he said book of boba fett will be completely seperate from the mandalorian season 3.

It’s the basically same logic as Macaulay Culkin and Joe Pesci starring in Home Alone, ha. One was always going to be caught in it’s shadow more than others.

I dont really get your argument: Macauley Culkin is a shitty actor who was in everything because he was a cute kid in the 80s and hasnt done much now he looks haggard and Joe Pesci is a great actor who has a varied career spanning 40 years.

My point was if Star Wars actors were incredible actors, then they wouldnt get typecast and only do StarWars stuff. Like Harrison Ford.

See also Harry Potter…

They had successful careers was my point, they just chose to go into other avenues. Star Wars is next level hard to get away from. Ford got his other biggest roles through Lucas too, let’s not forget.

Fair enough mate, I guess “successful career” is subjective anyway…

Still I stand by SW being overrated!

Fair enough everyone is allowed to like what they like, or not, haha.

1 Like

I figured that would be the case, there’s too much going on now with throne of Mandalore / dark sabre,
moff Gideon and finding his people to close the book on Mando.

I’m really looking forward to the book of Fett though, simply because there’s so much mythos around his character that I’d love see smashed . Outside the retconnned expanded universe and maybe the Christmas special his main plot points are; bitches to Vader about freezing Han, gets sent into the sarlaac. He’s always been put on a pedestal So I’d love it if he was painted as an irredeemable shitbag, I’ve a feeling we’ll never find out how he got out of the sarlaac it’ll be like a batman level enigma.

Oh well. Each to their own.

1 Like

Did you watch with the kids? I wouldn’t bother on my own but it’s something we can all watch together. Same with the Marvel stuff.

1 Like

My daughter doesn’t care for it…but I feel like it is aimed a little older, no?
Season 2 ep 2 is 12-rating horror, I reckon. Hardly worrying for most, but I’d hesitate putting a five year old in front of that one.

First 10 years of the Simpsons? My kids still love them (12 and 15). They’ve watched it since they were small.

1 Like

Definitely older.

1 Like

King Gary Xmas special.
‘Flock of sparrows down the back of the pan’
Lost it.

Woah! Just watching Baby Jake and he’s flown to a planet that has Liberty cap mushrooms on it.

6 Likes

I used to hate Baby Jake with a vengeance. His horrible crusty family with way too many children.

2 Likes

Charlie Brooker - Antiviral Wipe at 9.30! Yes!

3 Likes

This a new one or a repeat of the one from lockdown 1?

Shit, repeat! I thought they’d finish up the year :confused:

Apparently he did the “Death to 2020” film on Netflix. Not seen it yet . May watch it after the repeat .