The TV Thread

I’ll be looking for to that especially after the ridiculousness of the episode before covid .

just finished watching Deutschland 89, proper good series that!

if you’re a history buff or just a fan of espionage type dramas, check it out, it’s really good man!

2 Likes

Just watched the first two episodes of this:

Très bien!

1 Like

Nice one! Going to give this a go!

Tried to watch the first episode of Line of Duty tonight. Absolutely shocking.

Yeah why was it so… ‘off’? Can’t quite put my finger on it. Very tame.

Just seen an outstanding shout on twitter though:

Is she Tommy’s daughter?

I just can’t handle the acting in it. It’s just so wooden. It just looks like everyone is reading from a script and yes I know that they are, but surely the trick is to make it seem like you’re not :joy:

1 Like

I mean the Scottish woman is top level actress right?

I was trying to work out if her woodeness is part of the act or something. She didn’t sound convincing doing all the police jargon that’s for sure. The lesbian tiff thing was proper daytime too.

1 Like

When I watch it I often find myself thinking it to be unbelievable that there would ever be that much corruption in the pol-

2 Likes

She’s great in Boardwalk Empire and Giri/Haji but she was woeful in this.

1 Like

I like Vicki McClure but Martin Compston is terrible. Haven’t watched this new series yet but there was one scene in the last series where I swore he just forgot how to act mid sentence

Yeah but is she woeful on purpose? Like trying to be a bit… I dunno…meek and with not much presence so that when she turns out to be stone cold psycho later you just don’t see it coming? I dunno. :man_shrugging:

Maybe haha. I won’t find out though because I can’t sit through any more of it. My Mrs was laughing because I was getting visibly annoyed.

Just finished the second episode of The Flight Attendant. It’s unexpectedly really good

And also good in Trainspotting and No Country For Old Men, maybe just struggled with the shitty BBC script?

1 Like

Gonna watch it once a few eps have dropped.

“Is that ok, Jo?”
“I don’t know boss”
“Bloody hell, Jo, a rent boy?”
“I don’t know boss”

Its a bit stilted and Im only 5 minutes in

1 Like

Atlanta is on Disney+ and its still hilarious

2 Likes

Could the wooden acting be from getting used to new covid restrictions or something?
Although the Gaffer guy was as class as ever.
‘Hud yer weesht!’

Watched The Social Dilemma on Netflix earlier. Very very interesting, certainly made me look at my own relationship with my phone and social media.

1 Like