The TV Thread

I knew who he was from the voice alone. Do I get a gold badge?

What do we think of Buckles? And who was the guy who fiber wired Lakewell? Was he one of the gang telling that little Michael Fabricant Ryan to chop Arnotts fingers off in series 1?

past week I watch The One. Wasn’t expecting much because of the cheap Endemol style branding of the main idea but surprisingly, I got into it.

Frank Of Ireland, fucking hell.
At least 10 genuine laugh out louds.

1 Like

I’ve been on a Shane Meadows binge since finally getting round to watching The Virtues.
This is England (film), This is England 86, 88, going to start 90 again this evening.
The man sure knows how to direct and get some seriously we’ll rounded human emotion in the can.
I still haven’t watched Dead Man’s Shoes, which I need to correct ASAP.

1 Like

His finest moment.

1 Like

Rewatched it again the other night. Just incredible.

DMS is brilliant, have only watched it once and no inclination to rewatch, but was blown away at the time.

How bad does that new Partridge look?

Where? Guessing it’s more like the shit movie than anything else?

The film was OK. Ish.

It’s a trailer for the new one show style thing where he’s drinking a cocktail with egg in it. It’s fucking terrible.

And that’s presumably one of the highlights.

1 Like

The One Show thing was alright, I thought. It missed a lot but the good stuff was decent. 51% watchable, and made for a U.K. audience I reckon. The film was a howler and seemed intended to break the U.S.

1 Like

I think I watched the first two follow up series of this is England on a telly with broken colour so I set everything to black and white and had it like that for a couple of years. It ended up having a Gavin Watson feel to it which was lost when I tried rewatching in colour.

Everyone loves wholesome family entertainment around here so I’m proud to say I guessed 100% on I Can See Your Voice last night. All from the initial line up.

LOD - Jumped, and shat on, the shark. Then smeared the shit over the shark a bit more for good measure.

Wow that was an anticlimax!

Love it when you finish a series with ‘oh, k’.

I’m calling it the old duffer is still in charge he was forcing the buckles to send orders in his cell,
James nesbitt faked his own death.

At least it wasn’t as shit as the Game Of Thrones finale I guess

1. Lost
  2. Got.
  3. This utter dirt tonight.

3rd worst ending ever for me. Dont think anything will ever top Lost though.

1 Like

I was personally offended with the GOT ending.

Duty season finale was a major let down to say the least!

2 Likes