Thrasher SOTY 2020 - Mason Silva

Yeah. Those shoes, or even a sticker or a shirt with that logo, can ruin a photo for me but it’s been going since 1985 and sell a lot of flip-flops to surfers so the money must be alright.

1 Like

The list on the website for non-Instagrammers:

Scratch that, Clive Dixon is there!

Alexis winning SOTY would be such a sick move for skateboarding

5 Likes
  1. Mason
  2. Knox
  3. Alexis

:handshake:

2 Likes

Jusy give it to Tiago because he exists

1 Like

I actually thought Tiago was a slightly random name to be included on the list. The NB part was sick, but not his greatest. I’m sure he put put other stuff but my mind’s gone blank.

That Lil Dre video was like an A-level media coursework project.

Agree on the length of the list. If you’re on it must be nice to be included, and I’ve hardly got my finger on the pulse these days but if never heard of loads of them.

Mason.

4 Likes

Good.

I doubt you’d think that if you knew how much he was paid

I think this was probably the most obvious choice in quite a long time. He also doesn’t seem like the sort of dude who was ‘gunning for SOTY’, he’s just had one of those years like Ishod did in 2013.

4 Likes

Well deserved. Smashed it all year.

2 Likes

I feel like he is pretty driven and the 4 parts this year were a calculated move. I could see him really wanting SOTY.

I bet the SOTY trip will be good this time, especially if he takes Louie and their filmer Ryan.

Completely forgot he also did that mad fakie flip at Tampa pro this year

2 Likes

This feels like a lifetime ago! As if there was a physical, in-person comp in March this year!

Marc Johnson gave his award away (to Reda) straight afterwards, I don’t think he really cared.

Or he cared too much about not caring, which is even worse

3 Likes

All that cash but he still has to wear Globes.

“Nice shoes there Dennis.”
“Nice shoes there Stefan.”
“Nice shoes there Tiago.”
“Nice shoes there Kalis.”

"Thanks Mark. Eh… So… Globe. Yeah…

How are the kids?"

It’s a bit Mean Girls, but I always imagine that scenario with a good skater on a lame duck of a shoe company, like Globe, Osiris, Vox, etc.

True, but he’d also have all that cash…

4 Likes