TJIF - TJ Rogers Online Premiere

This premieres at 8am tomorrow, UK time.

I guess I feel its kinda worth of its own thread mainly because it was filmed whilst going through - and continuing to go through - this sitation:

Gnarly.

@buildafire @Spanky - please delete/merge this into Continually Updated, if needs be.

14 Likes

Well keen to see this.
A super nice dude who came up from the hardest of backgrounds (care homes etc) made it his own way and is very cool to kids/fans etc.
He will beat cancer.

Leave this as its own thread - it deserves it

8 Likes

I watched his nine club and he came across really humble, and he does loads for his community with events etc.

HUGE TJ fan right here. Hyped!

1 Like

Looking forward to this too, such a humble guy.
At CPH open at Berlins ledges he introduced himself to me when I was skating them , hyped my up when I was going for kicky Krooks, but it was when he left later on he came up to me and said good by to me by name like weā€™d know each other for years .
Such a rad guy and heā€™s going to beat cancer.

11 Likes

That is fucking sick!

Also kicky croooook!!!

2 Likes

Whilst we are regaling storiesā€¦he watched me lose a game of Skate in Paris to someone who set a Varial Heel. I then proceeded to try about 20 more on flat and not do one, all the while whining that ā€œI used to do them every shotā€ or some such moany waffleā€¦

TJ then proceeded to call my name and do one everytime I saw him for the next few days.
Including in the contest.

Obviously a total ruler.

Anon and him knew each other from way back, I think. He (re) introduced us to which the response was ā€œYeah, I know him already. Heā€™s the dude who canā€™t varial heelā€.
I am fairly sure there we very dangerous drinking stories involving both Anon and him, too. Obvs.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s incredible haha! What a ledge

I love this

1 Like

Yeah [/cmoac] he and I have got very pissed and had a great time a few times before.
He is genuinely one of the nicest pro skaters that Iā€™ve ever met.

3 Likes

He also called out Nike for exploiting skaters with their ā€˜flow youā€™re on but weā€™ll never do anything with youā€™ containment program on the very first series of The Bunt. Whilst he was on Nike flow.

8 Likes

Always love his clips where he is just smiling whilst skating. Awesome. Hope he gets better.

He stayed with some Guernsey homies for a few months before I moved to BCN. Nothing but positives to say about him, and that Menikmati shoe part is so sick. Gives me Wade vibes.

I met him once in Cape Town at a skatepark, the guy who owns the park is an old friend from school and is also a filmer - so he was documenting the trip for Red Bull on this occasion. Anyway, the point is that I got properly introduced etc and he was genuinely interested in our conversation, even though Iā€™m just a typical normie with regards to skateboarding. We only hung out for ten mins but can echo anon in that heā€™s definitely one of the friendliest pros around.

1 Like

Fucking hell that was incredible.

Yeah that was sick, his switch game is ridiculous.

I sort of forget how fucking good he is at jumping down massive things. Gnarly.

1 Like

The way they switched the music when he put his headphones back on was cool as hell

4 Likes

Super good, would recommend.

That half cab heel was sick