TOTM July 2023 - Pressure Flip

Yeah I went there, the dirtiest flip of them all. The one nobody likes to talk about. I set up a Heroin little egg deck and it occurred to me that I might be able to do pressure flips just like I did 30 years ago and after much concerted sweaty effort I landed a couple so now it’s over to you.

Updated cos of music bollocks. Pressure flip first this time :smiley:

8 Likes

Annnnd I’m out

4 Likes

Ah come on. They’re not that bad. Crank your trucks tight and push down on one side. You might surprise yourself!

Firstly there’s no way I’m tightening my trucks. I’m a proper princess about my setups :joy:

I bugged @franc for tips on these and they just don’t really make sense to me. I always end up popping the board

I promise I’ll give it a go just for you mate. I used to do a sort of pressure hard flip, might film one and see if it passes muster

Someone once told me they’re closer to a hippie jump than an ollie in that you sort of just jump off the board but poke one side down with your back toes at the same time? Happy for any tips

1 Like

To stop the board from popping, press harder down through the edge of the board. You almost need to step on the floor. I bet you’ll get it.

A trick I can honestly say I’ve never even jokingly attempted in my 25 year skateboarding career.

4 Likes

It’s time

1 Like

I’ll give it a go! One whole month to learn one, we shall see.

2 Likes

In my youth I used to think I was doing hardflips but was actually doing these and would try them down steps, once I learned my mistake I can’t remember ever trying one again

5 Likes

Ahhh this is me!!

1 Like

I don’t understand it on any level. Do you actually pop?

1 Like

You just apply loads of pressure to the edge of the deck and push it down so it touches the floor and bounces around under you then you just stab your feet at it and hope for the best.

3 Likes

You’ve just described every trick I’ve ever done

12 Likes

I have never once corrected anyone who complimented me on my hardflips.

2 Likes

Well anyway enough moaning let’s see em :laughing:

1 Like

Love it!

1 Like

I’m in. Im a kid again, fuck yeah.

Edit - I’ll put money on not getting a skate in anytime soon though :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Might finally be able to join in.

2 Likes

Looking forward to trying and failing at this one

1 Like

I mean I’ll try, but… :man_shrugging:

1 Like