Trick Of The Week 11 - Frontside Smith Grind

random question. so we’ve been saying that on a ledge you lean back off the ledge. what about on a flat bar? surely it’d basically the same trick as a backside feeble just from the other side? should you not therefore not be leaning way OVER the bar?

1 Like

Yeah totally different thing. You can sit on top. Easy on flat/square bars but I have never been able to lock on round rails with a smith.

Yeah you almost put your weight over the rail, then you can just lock in and grind for days, roll away clean…

If you can do feebles then just think of it as an over to feeble, if that makes sense?!

I would defo say there is a slight difference between round and square flat bars, round is straight over to feeble (on a long one, if i were to grind a short rail I’d stay on the same side as I came from). But square I would stay more on top/the side that I came from.
Even more so on a back smith on a rail, I don’t like the feeling of doing a back smith on a rail and feeling like I’m in a front feeble.

That’s something I don’t get, How is everyone so good at frontside feebles nowadays? It’s like it’s a basic trick now. I can’t remember it ever being easy and it’s the scariest trick to go for. I have never done one.

Took me years to figure it out, still trying to learn how to hold one/pop out/over.
I found it easier to learn it down a rail as opposed to a flat bar.
I don’t remember learning backside feeble but assuming it was the same process of figuring out where to lock in on your truck and then where your weight needs to be and once you have that figured out it’s not scary anymore because you know you’re not gonna get pitched.

going somewhere with a good square flatbar tonight so i’ll give it a go

3 Likes

Tried a front feeble long ago, really went for it. Locked in but didn’t grind and my foot got tweaked and it hurt. Never tried it again and now I never even think about it because it seems like a kid trick. I should watch vintage Templeton footage and learn them for the sake of learning. Ryan Bartsma made them look dope.

Didn’t get a chance to try this at all. My seven year old has decided to skateboard instead of scooting so was pretty busy learning him some shit

Last call on this I would say, we had a nice dry weekend! anyone throwing their hat in the ring?

I’m going skating tomorrow evening so either hang fire till then or choose a new person to do a new trick and I’m in for that round!

(ps don’t hold on just for me, the guilt if I didn’t do something tomorrow would be overwhelming)

My back has been hurting since Thursday, I couldn’t try to get more clips this weekend. :face_with_head_bandage:

Can’t go skating tomorrow now. Wrap it up and start a new comp I reckon…

I think if we wrap this one up @franc is the ‘like’ leader and he also sacrificed some of his board on the cheese grater block he skated so thats my choice too.

Congrats @franc , hope you are ok to set a new one?!

2 Likes

Hehe! Yes, I am for sure! :smile:

My back still hurts, I’ll try to film something tomorrow or later this week.

1 Like