Trick of the Week 9 - Wayout's Switch Maneuvers

Can I submit the same video for two weeks running? Probably not but I’ll try

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2FF8Ovh-Us/?igshid=1eewjki06i4vh

2 Likes

Had a shitty week, got within 30 seconds of the skatepark, hit a curb and blew out my tyre. Paid £160 for a late night call out and new tyre. I was seething but managed to find a way to have a good skate and did my first ever switch blunt. Thanks forum (&wayout) for the inspiration.

8 Likes

Couple of switch stalls (cept the last)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2HJCEvBtTA/?igshid=1oy7h9z3uicqh
Man I tried switch heel down a curb about fifty times. Nothing has ever felt so sketchy, might not be happening @neddy

4 Likes

These threads make me try and do tons of things I wouldn’t have thought about. Surprising yourself is always so cool!
Rad trick and lovely smile! I’ve never done a noseblunt (or switch blunt) but am gonna give it a crack soon. Yes.

1 Like

I kinda get the impression that if I tried it I’d end up fakie manualing down the transition

I can do blunt to fakie but a fakie noseblunt scares me. I’m scared of switch manualing on the platform and doing a disaster on the coping with my hip.

2 Likes

Ooo fair point

1 Like

This happened a lot! But I anticipated it and managed to save myself numerous times… I much prefer this coming in forwards than blunt to fakie. I’ve done them a couple times in my life but it’s just too frightening to try and make it consistent. I’m going to do my best to keep this one in the bag though.

1 Like

You made the nollie in look so easy. I kind of want to try it because the fakie part of blunt to fakie is horrifying

Let’s do it!

There’s a micro quarter at a park I go to occasionally. Could be worth a shot. But do you go in switch like @LA or fakie ollie or what?

(I also still owe a switch heel down a curb)

roll up switch, the trick is committing to putting all your weight on your back (front) foot to avoid what franc was worrying about

For some reasons that’s not the bit that worries me which clearly means that’s exactly what is going to happen

Old ass ramp skaters would say there’s no such thing as a Switch Blunt and that it’s a Fakie Noseblunt, but I’m an old ass street skater so might claim this trick as switch too…
(Agree on the scare factor on Noseblunts, slip on to the deck, straight to your hip on the coping…)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2KokXrF6g9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Old ass ramp skaters would maybe point out that it’s a blunt if you grab it, it’s an Ollie Blunt if you don’t, and a fakie no-handed-noseblunt is called a ‘Helen Keller’.
But old ass ramp skaters can be rather stubborn gits.

Edit: I should say, sick clip, sick spot, sick sick sick

2 Likes

Blunt speak is bizarre, “Frontside Blunt” on a ramp makes no sense, you blunt and then turn in frontside, every other trick follows the in direction/trick/out direction protocol, so: Fakie Smith Revert for example You wouldn’t call it a Revert Smith, so why are Blunt tricks the other way round?!

It’s because it’s straight up just like a frontside rock and roll or a backside rock and roll.

but there’s no fakie involved at any point in the trick?

Are you sure?

1 Like

That’s understandable, but then Frontside Noseblunt… It’s the “In” first, then the trick… And if you added slide… Frontside Bluntslide - you might not be going frontside in, could be to fakie or backside. Anyway, lets just all agree there’s no such thing as a Varial flip and move on…