Trick of the Week 9 - Wayout's Switch Maneuvers

Here’s your next challenge while the sun’s still here - anything switch, doesn’t matter what. May require proof of your natural stance

Streamable is still broken (correct @Spanky?) so use youtube, instagram or whatever I guess

13 Likes

Fucking hell chill out daewon :smiley:

And yeah streamable a bit sketch atm

2 Likes

A week to film one good Switch Heelflip on flat.

Should be achievable!

2 Likes

I’m with you! Might go all out and try it down a curb

You keen? Iv never done it on anything other than over a mellow hip about 10 years ago.

This has just highlighted to me that I do a lot of nollie but my actual switch is weak! … You’ve got a choice of mob switch flip or frontside flip, front board, front nose or front crook… Shit, Just realised I have no switch backside tricks either…

Lol I’ll try and find a large curb then. It’s the only switch flip trick I have really

Yer haha me to. I did a switch flip once where my front foot basically went round the board as it was flipping, such a kebab!

You want chilli sauce with that one boss?

Fuck yeah! Let’s do this

Alright, I filmed this to get the ball rolling today.

10 Likes

Try switch (backside) boardslides on flat rails, they’re super fun if you come out switch.

I love switch manuals too, they look easy and uninteresting but are pretty awkward and feel really satisfying.

1 Like

actually went for a skate tonight so here we go

5 Likes

Too slow and sketchy.

2 Likes

sucks teeth
Portrait?

4 Likes

Switch manuals are so so odd. I always find myself leaning too hard in my toes and going off in a odd direction. They’re satisfying in their difficulty I suppose

Last year I went skating with @andy_smoke, he was carving switch at Stockwell and we had this rad conversation about skating switch and his approach to cruising around as an old fart and I realized that I could do technical switch maneuvers but had never really cruised around skating switch. After that, I started dropping in on tranny switch and doing more really basic switch tricks everywhere. Been working on that ever since, and it’s super, super fun.

TLDR: switch ollies > switch 360 flips

2 Likes

haha i know ffs, i was self-filming it (landscape) and matey asked if he wanted me to film

1 Like

Stoked @franc
Trying to skate goofy has made skateboarding a game again.
throwing down switch is still a total tippy-toe headache…
“where are my feet supposed to be, argh!”

3 Likes

Nothing super crazy here but I had to film one of these for the bruvs after our conversation about these on here the other day.

I don’t know why the first half of the clip looks blurry on YouTube, it’s fine on my phone. Whatever. Sorry.

3 Likes

Don’t wanna stink up the place but it’s the only skate I’ve had this week, ironically because I’ve spent time building a DIY spot rather than skating lately… So perhaps bonus points for making the ledge it’s on and it being in a homie train… a blink and you’ll miss it switch front board in here:

2 Likes