UFC / MMA Thread

The one in the preceding fight where Smith kicked Jimmy Crute in a way that gave him “drop foot” and he kept rolling his ankle already had me with sweaty palms, then that happened and it almost finished me off.

2 Likes

It kills me. One of the guys i train with tore his bicep at the elbow drilling elbow strikes and counters and it shot up to his shoulder. Gives me the sweats

How did that happen? I don’t get it.

1 Like

From Kali/FMA. Both in left lead, guy 1 throws a right cross, guy 2 moves his head to dodge it and scoops guy 1’s arm with their left hand, brings it round and throws a short downward elbow to the bottom of the bicep (to disarm them snd make them drop their stick/knife) before stepping round and either locking them up or throwing them. In this case guy 2 caught guy 1 right in the middle and it popped his bicep which, under tension and secured only at one end, pinged up to his shoulder and basically retired the guy.

Gnarly

I meant how does that leg snap like that? Doesn’t look like it should do that haha.

1 Like

He’s obviously not got a milk sponsor

2 Likes

The Smith fight wtf.

My hayfever was so bad on Saturday I couldn’t sleep, so I got up and watched the card at 4am.

The Weidman injury was sickening. Thank god there was a crowd in so you couldn’t hear the noise. A mate snapped his leg playing football a while back and the sound still haunts me!

1 Like

For such a short fight, Olivera vs Chandler was insane!

I thought it was game over when Oliveira got the back, then Chandler beasted out of it and came so close to KO’ing Oliveira who survived the first round by the skin of his teeth. Moments into the second round Oliveira wins by KO!

Stoked for Olivera. 28 fights into his UFC contract and his first title shot.

It made up for how bummed I was that Tony lost :broken_heart: I hope he doesn’t get cut. Dariush completely shut him out and someone Tony didn’t tap to that ankle lock?!

1 Like

Edson KO was crazy!!!

Just seen the Jacare arm snap from the prelims - nasty :nauseated_face:

I know - absolute nails.

Link? Haha

You see I’ve watched a few MMA fights and thought “this is rad, I can get more into this” and then I see stuff like this and that legbreak the other day, and realise that I’m ok. I’ll stick with the highlights. I’m so fucking squeemish for brokem bones.

1 Like

Agree on the ref situation. Herb likes people to get a proper pasting before he stops it.

Arm noise is honking.

I’ve totally lost interest in McGregor unless his next fight after this one (there will be a next one, because I’m entirely certain he’ll lose again and probably go for the trilogy with Diaz or something equally asinine) involves Jose Aldo hitting whoever he’s booked to fight over the head with a steel chair and finally avenging the loss.

Oof. Don’t like to see a leg break like that happen to anyone. Grim

Im massively squeamish when it comes to people stepping onto broken bones though so maybe Im biased

Did you see the post fight interview though? Proper Disney baddie energy; yelling hollow insults from the ground while the hero celebrates off in the background. I’ve had absolutely no time for the bloke since he first came on the scene and I hate to admit it but I’ve found tremendous schadenfreude in his fall from grace. Absolutely horrible little man, 1-4 in his last 5 if you start at the Mayweather fight. Hope he fucks off into obscurity. He had the world in the palm of his hand and could’ve been a catalyst for change in the fight world, making sure everyone gets paid fairly and treated as they should. Pissed it all away in the worst ways possible.

1 Like

Also, while I did find the interview equal parts pitifully sad, hilarious, and rage inducing, I in no way condone the fact that the UFC left the man in there with a broken leg to do a post fight interview. What the fuck is all that about? Get the man to a hospital, Jesus.