UFC / MMA Thread

really want to do some BJJ, boxed for about 4 years some time back, but BJJ looks dope. i just need to find the time as the place near me that does classes starts at 7pm and it hard to commit to something like that that clearly needs a fair amount of commitment with a 2 year old. Mainly meaning i cant guarantee i can get in from work and out by 7 in time with enough regularity at the moment.

its one of those things that would piss me off if i started missing classes so easier to wait until hes a bit older. i am hoping to try and commit to it sooner but last few weeks have been an eye opener to how realistic this is.

thats probably the way to go. place near me does a good class on Saturday morning mixed for kids and parents jiu jitsu but my son is way too young at the moment. if the classes started at 8pm it would be more realistic but 7 is just too early, that and i like to see him before he goes to bed and bath him etc before i go the gym or anything in the evening. i hate rushing in and out and not seeing him for a decent amount of time before he goes to bed

Bargaining chip. Heā€™ll be back.

The Jonny Walker hype train is real!

Yer that celebration was so pointless, but first big knee and bang.

The fight before ā€“ Hook kick to spinning back fist and G&P. 3 UFC fights since November '18 and 3 First Round KOs.

Gaethje is a beast. Always fun to watch him fight.

TJ gets a 2 year ban form USADA. shame at his age, wont be back until i think hes 35, didnā€™t realise he was as old as that.

looking forward to Holloway vs Dustin Poirier and Gastelum vs Adesanya too this weekend

EPO as well, how the fuck did he think he would get away with that.

yeah i now, im not saying this is the case in TJā€™s case but i mean it could be but athletes in general cant be totally 100% on everything they are given. i mean they take so many supplements etc that im sure a lot of them put blind faith in the team they pay to take care of them that its easy for a mistake to be made. someone not to read something properly etcā€¦ must be the case in some cases, especially in the UFC when drug testing is so prevalent. you cant take anything with USADA and expect to get away with it. Maybe even fighters getting doped with out knowing about it by their own team, i mean a lot of fighters are not the brightest guys and will probably take anything they are told is ok.

i dont know but i mean there must be cases where someone just fucked up and it cost their fighter, deliberately or by accident but also i understand some guys just cant help but try to get an edge anyway they can

Did not expect the main event tonight to go the way it did; Iā€™ll refrain from spoilers because weā€™re only the morning after, but some really good fights.

Haha. Gunna watch it in a minute. I know who won. Stupid Instagram group message.

Surprised Greg Hardy back sonsoon after that stinking illegal knee in his last fight.

Innit! No technique

Heā€™s way more athletic than the standard UFC heavyweight, but heā€™s so used to working in 10 second bursts that he just gases awfully. Canā€™t wait to see Derrick Lewis do what he did to Browne on him haha. Browne didnā€™t even get convicted and he still roasted him in the cage and on the mic.

interesting to see cowboy this weekend vs iaquinta. cowboy has looked decent in his last few fights since dropping down in weight. not seen much of iaquinta apart from the khabib fight

Kev Lee against Al was a good fight back end of last year. Cowboy on one at the moment.

Derrickā€™s tank isnā€™t the biggest and heā€™ll admit that!

Absolutely, but heā€™s been 15 minutes more than once, heā€™d have more than enough stamina for Hardy.

Agree with the assessment that Cerrone/Iaquinta should be good. Both slick strikers and surprising grapplers who seem to be taking the sport more seriously of late; Cowboy since the birth of his son, Iaquinta since the Khabib opportunity came up.

cowboy maybe realising he cant go on forever, he must be mid thirties now defiantly looks much better since the Till and Lawler losses. he doesnā€™t seem to have the power for welterweight and at light weight looks much more effective as a striker being a bigger lightweight. also people forget how good his ground game is, much like mike perry did, pretty sure he his black belt gi and nogi in jui jitsu which is often over looked as his fights invariably stay on the feet

Till did Cowboy no favours at Welterweight.

I like Cowboy, just think hes jokes and always up for a scrap.