UFC / MMA Thread

Cowboy’s really tightened up his lifestyle as well; used to be that MMA was just his way to fund riding dirt bikes and jet skis and doing skydives and such. Last year or two he’s cut all that out. And yeah his black belt is under Elliot Marshall who is as legit as they come. It’s a hybrid gi/no-gi school which is unusual but has its benefits.

Just seen pics from weigh in and cowboy looks terrible. Lightweight must be a brutal cut for him. Looks like he’s going to audition for Dallas buyers club 2

He looks about 80 years old!

Like McGregor at 145lb

fuck me the cowboy fight was a banger!

also starting BJJ on Thursday

Sick tel. LEt us know how it goes.

The front kick photo thats been doing the rounds is insane.

Arnold Allen added to UFC239 card. So stoked for him.

That is going to be mental, start booking a few cheeky days off for that one.

yeah down for rose too, i really like her but thats a hard fight, harder than joanna. adrade has some real power in those hands, will be a test for sure

did my first BJJ session last night, was really good. the academy is really sound and so are the people in the class, i am seriously hooked already in a way i get when i find something i like, Skateboarding, drumming, fishing etc, same feeling i got after the first time ive done anything i end up getting balls deep into.

fucking hyped for my next one already. place i go does a really good deal too, 12 weeks unlimited access to classes ( i can realistically do 2 a week) unlimited gym access, valor gi and belt and a years insurance for 150 quid. so ill be signing up for that for sure next week.

Nate vs pettis announced yesterday. So stoked to see nate back but won’t believe it’s actually happening until the cage door shuts

1 Like

The Jiu-Jitsu battle in that fight is so, so intriguing. Both incredible attacking grapplers that catch people by surprise because they’re not primarily known for it - Nate as a cardio machine who boxes people into submission with his tireless pace, Pettis as a frighteningly dynamic striker, prone to moments of inspirational brilliance. People forget he choked out Charles Oliveira and armbarred Benson Henderson. Díaz has 4 wins by triangle choke which is just insane. I don’t think Díaz does anything that Pettis won’t have seen before but he crumbles under pressure, which Nate delivers in spades. I see Pettis struggling early on but kicking Díaz in the legs, right down near the calf like he was with Wonderboy. That’ll be enough to turn it to his favour through the second and third.

1 Like

You say pettis will struggle early and I see your point based on other fights but this isxa different fight. Pettis struggles early on against fighters who are quick out of the gate. Nate, and Nick for that later are anything but, both notoriously slow starters which tends to cost them, especially nate in 3 round fights. Will be interesting but I suspect pettis will be on top after the first round with nate coming on stronger as the fight goes on. Tbh 5 rounds suits nate more than 3 as rule but yeah very interesting match up

found out how painful arm bars are last night, and how easy they are to catch people in also if they dont know what they are looking for. BJJ is fucking dope

1 Like
1 Like

Well Valentina really did a number on Jessica Eye, didn’t she? Holy Shit!

https://streamja.com/bR1d?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ios_share_flow_optimization&utm_term=control_1

jessica eye had no business fighting shevchenko, it was a total mismatch in ability. valentina looks amazing at that weight now and could be champion for a long time.

furguson vs cowboy was a terrible fight for cowboy to take at any notice let alone short notice, i appreciate his “ill fight anyone anytime” attitude and love cowboy but you need to be smart, esecially when you have a finite number of fights left in you. i dont know about the scoring for the first round but to me cowboy may have edged it, but Tony has a style that is such a nightmare for cowboy who is so upright that he was never winning if it went to decision. and yeah he clipped cowboy after the horn but thats on the ref, way too far away, when the 10 second marker sounds he needs to be right there.

henry cejudo is just cringe, i never knew he had a gold medal, he never mentions it, prick.

also well done beiber for wanting to fight a 56 year old man, another prick

Shevchenko head kick. The set up body kick / body kick / shin to chin. Fucking out.

I want to say as well, as cringey as Henry Cejudo is, he really is beginning to look like the consummate, complete, mixed martial artist. Might not be the most exciting style but he’s improving every time he steps into the cage, and adding more and more strings to his bow.

He is pure cringe, Triple C, give it a rest mate.

I hope he follows his words through and goes up to Feather, he’s going to get banged if he goes up two weights.

Oh yeah, Max would absolutely crush him. His ability is unquestionable, but Max’s physical characteristics would be far too much for him to overcome.

I actually like Cejudo, though! I don’t know why but I was rooting for him on the TUF series he had with DJ, and have done ever since.