UK Skate Parks

Skateboard GB just uploaded this:

Looks really sick.

Got me thinking, and we don’t have a thread for parks (I don’t think), which other newish (post-2010) parks are worth a visit/look good? Can be big or small. Keen to see what stands out amongst all of the new parks that have been built in the last decade or so.

2 Likes

Weobley in Herefordshire is real good fun lots of quick lines and different coping types and always quiet!

Bournbrook diy in Brum which i think the council approved as an official skatepark is another good chiller of a park and the locals are all sound. Think you get a pound knocked off a falafel wrap meal across the road if youre a skater too.

Horsforth in leeds has some bigger tran with a street course containing obstacles youd find in a 1980s vision street wear pro contest so bring your tie dye.

Been loving all the concreate parks stuff.

Heard on the grapevine that theres a bowl being built on the old Windermere park does anyone know much about that? Heres praying for a Bangor style pool

2 Likes

Shameless plugs.

1 Like

Harrogate has a nice park, been there a few times when I’ve been away with work

1 Like

I’d love to go to that Oxhey plaza in Watford. Looks incredible.

Also Lewes is another one I’ve lusted over. Hopefully make it down one day.

2 Likes

820 likes, 65 comments - Skateboard GB (@skateboardgb) on Instagram on June 8, 2023: "The biggest skatepark in the British Isles is OPEN!

The £1.8 million skatepark in Les Quennevai..."

Good Lord. How easy is it to get to Jersey?!

1 Like

Not that easy but not that hard.
Instagram comments are full of absolute nonsense as usual.

4 Likes

Yeah, I had a look at planes from East Midlands airport after posting. Could fly there for £65 if you go on a random Saturday in July.

Oxhey is crap go to Croxley Green instead :+1:

1 Like

Park in Jersey looks ace. Most the people whinging probably cant be arsed to go 20 minutes out of their home town or commit to going on a trip before bailing cause their hamster is depressed or something. Fair play to the Jersey locals for getting a sick looking new park. Hoping to get there at some point.

Isle of man is still the greatest of tax havens though :wink:

Just had a quick google maps lurk too. Lotsa pools on Joisey. Surely one is skatable…

1 Like

Depends on your regular skating , if you are a regular at council built outdoor skate parks then yes Croxley will be your cup of tea.
If you skate actual street regularly then you will love oxhey .
I have oxhey and Croxley on my doorstep and oxhey is heaven for me, I went to Croxley on Wednesday evening for the first time since January and it was meh and makes me realise how poor the ledges are in comparison.
The best part about Croxley is the manny pad and that’s it .
Oxhey has so much more flow , cracking ledges , benches and the flat bank is pure joy

3 Likes

Wait, you too? I thought I was the only one who preferred Croxley

1 Like

Croxley does look fun but oxhey seems like a work of art to me.

1 Like

9ft bowl isn’t deep enough - Sean Goff brigade

1 Like

If anyone wants to do Oxley or Croxley coming from North of London hit me up can leave your car at mine and I’ll drive the rest of the way for a shred. Can hook up bacon sarnies etc

2 Likes

Haha, I commented asking how many skaters live in Jersey. Wasn’t a dig, was genuinely surprised to see such a mental park built there.

But then Jersey average income is probably £1m +

3 Likes

is jersey that rich? everyone i’ve ever met from there was a proper crusty hippie type

1 Like

Yeah, isn’t Luka Pinto and Glen Fox from there? They don’t seem to come from especially wealthy backgrounds.

Richest type of rich going

5 Likes