UK skate video archive

Good call always loved this section in my youth promted me to buy dexys greatest hits from woolies bargain bin on cassette not long after first seeing it.

1 Like

Come on Eileen was my First dance at my wedding, even though itā€™s an obvious classic, this section was the main reason I love it so much.

3 Likes

stoked - Korahnā€™s Cover Version part takes 2nd place in the Boil The Ocean top 10 parts of the year

7 Likes

Well deserved, bigup @Londonskater

2 Likes

Thatā€™s rad. Korahn is such a fucking good human.

Fucking legend.

But an actual legend.

Not the sort of legend when people just throw out that word when they donā€™t actually mean it.

2 Likes

Horse posted this on Facebook, iā€™m so stoked on watching it.
Boulalaā€™s switch ollies are spectacular

3 Likes

Hey all - new poster here. Iā€™ve been scouring for a UK skate video from the 2000s that focused on London, had Clash - London Calling on the soundtrack, and featured a part with a skater getting up in the middle of the night to go and rip the streets in the dark. I absolutely rinsed it growing up when I first started skating and would love to find it again, but canā€™t for the life of me remember what the video was / who the skater(s) were.

Ring any bells for anyone?

Have been through all the vids above to no avail. (Some sick stuff though!)

Peace,
Will

4 Likes

Sounds like ā€˜Day in the City oneā€™ the full vid is on youtube somewhere, if you ever find out the name of the song that the skater who gets up in the middle of the night uses, let me know.

9 Likes

If this is the edit the kid skating at night it then the rest would be from Day In The City.

https://youtu.be/guRBdttrnrw

3 Likes

Thanks so much both - this is it! Awesome. Brings back so many memories.

2 Likes

Per the description in the YouTube vid that Brewer so kindly posted - the song is Kristin Hersh - Your Ghost. Absolutely beautiful.

12 Likes

for those interested: managed to find the full video here: DAY IN THE CITY 1 - FULL (SIDEWALK MAGAZINE VHS) - YouTube

2 Likes

Did I just witness an old forum meme naturally occur with earnest?
(before memes were a thing of course)

6 Likes

Sal Barber at Spitalfields 92
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPRID3jljC4/?utm_medium=copy_link

Andy Evans has footage of that on his YouTube channel.

1 Like

id never seen footage before. red Rap Sal is premium

reading about Skateboard Cafe in Skateboarderā€™s Champignon, and realised Iā€™d never seen

4 Likes

Iā€™m going to enjoy dining on this tonight, thanks.

1 Like

The Bristol premiere for Alfresco was brilliant. I remember a lot of cheers at Wainwrightā€™s loooooooong 5.0!

2 Likes