UK skate video archive

Damn, I’d half forgotten about that.
There was a totally different plan to that video but it just became unworkable as we only had 5 days to film it…and the weather fucked us up for half of those. And then the song fell through last minute.
I’m actually not a fan of the song at all, but it was just all at the 11th hour.

Pretty mad how much that crew came through with no notice whatsoever, though. Rippers.

I really like filming Jeremy Jones. And all the others. But deffo Jeremy Jones.

3 Likes

ah, i hadnt spotted it was an LS joint - its great.
the tune took me a minute, but it works well. the filming is tight, editing is razor sharp, vibe fun

1 Like

Awww Fanks Man.

1 Like

Good article is that and I love that section of Tom. One of the best parts to come out of Leeds. Some local trivia on it…

• The wall he ollies in a line at 1:30 is nearly hip height.

• The Nosepick on “the Man bank” (named after Paul Silvester) is nuts on its own but pushing up is gnarly – that ground used to be so shitty and the bank is huge.

• Gap to nose wheelie at the bottom of Millennium Square is a fucking good distance to fall if you touched your nose down. There’s also skate stoppers which were unscrewed up there so he would’ve had to navigate the bolts to do that.

• Ollie over the barely-a-bump to bar at 3mins been touched since. It’s massive.

1 Like

Can you send me a PM on here please? :grinning:

Vague skate mag 10 clips from that painted hip
in Elephant & Castle

Dom Henry switch fiftying houses etc

3 Likes

millenium Neil Urwin skating a damp SB for Nike
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cio5gAMqewV/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 Likes

Was he on DC then? Tricky to make out the footwear

2 Likes

good shout! i’d never even heard of this before, much less seen it - perhaps shoe loyalty didn’t apply

1 Like

I remember him being on Sole Tech (A4). As he didn’t have a pair of skate shoes at a jam (just his fancy man about town ones) and was asking Bingo if he had a pair of éS in the car? As he wanted to get a snap and collect some photo incentive. He did a couple of Nike ads BITD, I remember him having to take a flight overseas to shoot one just after 9/11 and being super nervous and asking everyone if they thought it’d be okay to fly?

2 Likes

never seen that before. I only ever remember Urwin being on DC and sole tech

2 Likes

was on Duffs before too, remember buying a pair of the first designs off him

1 Like

Aaaaaah yeah I remember that too. Did he have a 411vm ad for duffs or something? Maybe.

Possibly, around the time that this came out…?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG9MxIGL1Os&t=6s&ab_channel=DirtyThirtiesSk8

1 Like

His kickflips were the worst.

1 Like

Winstan Whitter footage from early 90s (OG Cantelowes!) till early 00s

4 Likes

Harry Lintell has been ridiculously good for a very very long time

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmuNzYeuHoQ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Shier gets Manolo’d.
no, the video guy, not the Barca boozer

1 Like