UK SOTY 2020 - Nominations

:ok_hand:t2:

Tea & Biscuits, which was incredible.

1 Like

I didn’t think I was going to be able to think of three to pick but now I’ve got going I seem to be doing OKish… :smiley:

Tom Knox is the fairly obvious choice, but the other two?

I’m a fan of Tommy as he skated for my local SOS and has always ripped, so he’ll probably be up there.

Stoked on finding this out.

I reckon LA has had a good year - Rad Mum / Insta stuff and 3rd place in that Virtual Exposure comp on Thrasher.

JThax / Hallford for Tea and Bisquits.

I’ve enjoyed a few Blondie bits but also have to mention forumers Franc & Wally* for actually skating :smiley: :smiley: :wink:
(*extra points for the £5 trick challenges I’ve just seen on YT).

4 Likes

Did Mike Arnold do anything?

Launched himself out of a window:

Are people struggling to come up with 3 names because it was younger dudes who were ripping this year and we are just out of touch/caught up in a rapid social media cycle which doesn’t help us remember things? Or is it just corona’s fault?

3 Likes

This, I reckon.

I don’t feel like a lot of people have put stuff out in 2020 in the UK.

1 Like

*Can’t speak for everyone else but, yup, this sounds like me. :smiley:

Next year will be a good one.

Charlie Birch and Dee Collins in the running for '21.

Did anyone from an older UK gen out anything out?

Joe Gavin had a part

Jensen had a Thrasher thing but that was more about art/Isle than skateboarding

…?

This thread is always full of stupid comments every year.

There’s only 1 answer so I think everyone just wants to say who they like haha.

2 Likes

Noticed a lot of people saying names of people who have put out 1 mediocre part or are ‘coming up’ as I would put it.

Or in October, where a few of them filmed in Madrid. He had the last part

Just watched that new clip and it was ok but honestly there is better stuff in scene videos from 10 years ago.

1 Like

Last year was better for Uk skating because of blips.

Covid hasn’t helped.

The answer is Tom Knox, duh.
Marnold was a strong contender too.
Korahn and Barney also had a load of quality IG content, along with a late charge by Sean Smith, but if we’re going on video parts beating single IG clips, then it’s always going to be Tom Knox by a country mile.

I cycled past him sitting in a deckchair in the road outside his house a few weeks ago. He was in shorts and sunglasses.

5 Likes

?! I think I missed this.

You’re all just thinking of names who were killing it 5 or 10 years ago. Remember crazy trouser dude from earlier this year?! We were talking non-stop about him.

About how terribly stinking he is?

1 Like

Well he made an impact! See also: Decunha’s Krux part.

Who was the dude with the mullet and baggies?