Unpopular skate opinions

Oooo that’s a good one. Can’t decide if I agree or disagree.

I preferred skateboarding when hardly anyone was interested in it.

22 Likes

Fancy Lad is the worst shit ever.

I’m glad Gou Miyagi retired.

6 Likes

Busenitz is rad and skates fast and all but he has a shitty rabbit push. I’d rather watch Dennis not push.

6 Likes

Any skater who’s image is tied in with booze/drugs and partying in general comes across as a vapid bellend.

I can take or leave Suciu and Ishod.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHA, splendid! I’m a big Busenitz fan but don’t like the way he pushes either.

Hardflips are stinking.

Skating with one rail only seems stupid to me, I don’t see why and how it’d work. Fashion over function.

I’d rather see the odd skatepark clip in a section if it feels genuine than knowing that a dude spent 3 weeks working on a ledge trick in a private skatepark and then spent another 3 weeks filming it at legit street spot. Skating was meant to be fun in the first place, wasn’t it?

A lot of these guys going for that mid 90s revival with baggy jeans and shit just look like rollerbladers in 2004.

4 Likes

Wearing short black trousers and black trainers with white socks makes people look like old Hollywood tap dancers

4 Likes

Heresy.

1 Like

White socks are pretty much always illegal. Short trousers only make them worse.

3 Likes

Fashion wise nothing is illegal and as long as you’re confident you can get away with it.
The amount of stuff I talked shit on and later came to wear is staggering.

10 Likes

There’s no need for 8 bolts.

1 Like

I actually like Torey Pudwill’s skating. His wacky waving inflatable tube man arms never bothered me, his baggy, stinky skate rat style isn’t that bad and he does lots of tech ledge manoeuvers.

He might be a ridiculous douche but there’s no denying talent.

4 Likes

I was surprised to see Chico rocks 2 bolts per truck. Mad bastard

1 Like

Despite vocally hating stuff I generally like everything about skateboarding besides a few try hards and bad trick selection.

I love skating so much that sometimes I hate it.

3 Likes

A whisper of love, a whisper of hate?

1 Like

Unless I was going to be pro why am I bothering with Switch ?

2 Likes

It’s perfectly acceptable to like/love skating - and say you like/love it - even if you can’t honestly say you’ve skated regularly for years and years. The amount of twats who say otherwise but are football fans despite having never played since Primary School…

And yeah I put that in mainly for me

3 Likes

Right now is the absolute greatest time for skateboarding.

4 Likes

Same here. There’s loads of shit I talk about on here but if I’m at a skatepark and somebody does a Muska flip or a benihana or whatever, I’ll be psyched on it if they’re having a good time and enjoying themselves. It’s all about saying hi to everybody at the park, encouraging each other and having fun really. People don’t have to be cool.

Alright, I’ll go hug a tree.

3 Likes