USA Election. Who wins?

If people bet for trump to win they are possibly influencing a version of his popularity. Whether it affects the actual voting public is yet to be seen.
Put Plainly, Betting on Trump to win feels really cunty and utterly selfish.

Isn’t that all gambling?

It’s not a version of his popularity in my opinion. It’s just a bet.

Not all gambing, many forms can be harmless outside of personal loss.
I do admit to being pretty hard against most forms though so, i’m kinda biased.
And i’m not having a personal go at you, I just feel that it’s not just a bet and it’s not as innocent as people think.
Happy for anyone to call me a twat for this though, I am going to be way in the minority here.

People betting big money on something aren’t usually doing it for a laugh. So if a lot of money suddenly turns up on Trump to win, it could have repercussions on the actual vote, people might think “Well everyone is betting all this money on Trump to win, there is no point in me going out and voting for Biden then!”, ect… and Trump ends up winning is just one scenario, I think flame is getting at? It’s a two horse race, not a punt on Leicester winning the title.

1 Like

Yup got you.

I mean I haven’t heard anything about numbers in the news regarding bets or anything - only what Hugo posted here, and he works in the industry.

To me I don’t think many people would think like that.

Sounds like the Tory billionaires who bet on brexit and a no deal

3 Likes

Trumps odds of winning go from 34.8% to 40% on the betting markets this morning, a late rally?

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/insight/specials/politics/20201103-2020-us-presidential-election-odds-bookmakers-drastically-cut-trumps-odds-on-election-day

Yeah it’s been on the news a few times as it was heading towards being the biggest event ever bet on. I’m not sure if that is still true? One Brit has put almost 4 million pounds on Trump winning (5 million dollars).

Fucking Branson

1 Like

I’m not articulating myself very well, I admit. But yeah, thanks Voodz.

2 Likes

Amazing how you can vote for Mark Zuckerberg, Oprah Winfrey or Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson as winner. They aren’t even running, who the fuck actually makes a bet like that and why the fuck is that possible?

I’m guessing the general public really are just that stupid and happy to throw money away…

Mind you, I reckon the Rock would do a better job than Trump has. He’ll give the economy the People’s Elbow for sure.

3 Likes

Everybody thought the same about Brexit and, well…

1 Like

Some proper bollocks in being spouted in here.

1 Like

Well enlighten the masses then oh wise one!

2 Likes

Just a lot of opinions and doubts and worries based on little to no research.

Now that’s talking bollocks. I think a lot of it is based on research by top people working in politics actually.

2 Likes

Examples.

#1 “Betting markets being irresponsible and influencing the election.”
For a start gambling is largely illegal in the US minus 4 states.

#2 That Trump won’t actually leave the White House.
This is absolute bullshit and basically impossible. Most republican spokespeople have said that he will stand down and concede.

#3 “I think Trump will win as he will lie, cheat and bully his way into office again”
This is why he will lose and it’s too late now.

It’s already started. He has literally started court proceedings.

There won’t be any substance to it, the dems have hired equally as many lawyers.

1 Like