Useless skate facts

Also been asked this recently. Does yours include stuff like Ron Jon’s?

1 Like

im open to suggestion

[/ sits comfortably on fence]

Hm I reckon not including skateboarding piggybacking off an already existing skate shop would cut a lot back.

1 Like

Cal Skates in Portland are saying established 1976.

2 Likes

That was as far back as I could get, but I refuse to believe it.

1 Like

I’m guessing Slam City is the UK’s longest running - 1986?

I don’t know about worldwide but I think the UK’s longest running shop would be The Skate Shop in Poole, (est. 1977). Doesn’t answer the question but does tick the box of being a Useless skate fact.

2 Likes

What about city surf in Swansea.

1 Like

Surrey Skateboards were 1977

Surrey Skates isn’t still going though…or is it?

World’s oldest skateshop maybe Skates on Haight if they’re still up and running. Sure they were early ‘70’s.

Edit: A quick search and they were started in 1974. There are reports that they may have closed a couple of months back though.

1 Like

Google saying skates on haight is 1974.

1 Like

@Scurbrampwoody they still have a website. I’ve never been, just heard that they were old.:grinning:

1 Like

The skate shop in southsea always blagged they were the first in the country (but they’ve been long gone for ages) and then I think they said Rollersnakes was next.

I think Rollersnakes was ‘80’s. I could be wrong though. I genuinely think that the longest running and still going out of the same premises skateshop is the one in Poole. I’m open to any other suggestions though. Anyone beat ‘77?

Yup Rollersnakes 1985.

1 Like

Slick Willies is claiming 1970 but that must have been more bikes and skates at that point surely

1 Like