Very Shit Skateboard NFT's

Exactly this.

To answer and earlier question, these things won’t make any money, they won’t sell.

Yeah, it won’t be long before it’s all, “LOL, remember when people tried to sell shit that you can literally have for nothing?!”

1 Like

sk8ers do like a collection though don’t they? There’s loads of ‘build your own NFT marketplace’ videos on YouTube and the technologies required have been abstracted enough to allow many more people to get involved. I expect there’ll be more like this but I can’t see how the ‘names’ can add any value.

eg, If the idea is to make money then it has to appeal to the whole world and not just skaters. This means that a ‘Aaron Kyro’ thingy is very likely to be worth more than a ‘Hosoi’ thingy because Brailles NFT machine adds a red sparkle at the top right. Red sparkles: good. Tweaked out method airs: meh. So if it’s to be ‘traded’ (there’s something about this tech that ensures a % royalty payment to the originator at every sale) then it’s about the technology, not the subject of the thingy. I think, it’s mostly bollocks imo.

are you behind the curve @theskatesociety?

Nothing about this would appeal to any skateboarders I have ever - or will ever - know. This is aimed squarely at children who know nothing about skateboarding. Same as Braille.

But even they would surely rather spend the money on a Rip and Dip sticker than this stupid, pointless shit.

2 Likes

yer, sk8ers != skateboarders.

From the consumers view, it looks like a ‘virtual’ sticker collection.
One day, one of them might become sought after. One day, maybe :sleeping:

1 Like

People who buy skins, premium avatars, etc. and pay for various micro transactions in computer games would be one group.
Others would be folks who missed the Bitcoin gravy train and are hoping that they’ll cash in with this.
And folks with a ridiculous amount of cash, like the dude who bought that massive JPG of all of Beeple’s work for close to $70 million.

Skate only NFTs though? What a joke. Total shit. One of the ultimate goals in the skate industry is to get your stuff for free, or at least at wholesale cost, so what makes this lot think a couple of web-ready JPGs (not dope prints) are going to sell? I know I’d rather have an A3 print of Kalis’s 360 flip by Blabac on the wall instead of a JPG of it on my phone.

2 Likes

Much better, can confirm.

19 Likes

One million times this.

I’m not sure about the connection between crypto inflation and an NFT…
Would it just be the same as an original work gaining price due to an artist’s fame etc?

It all seems like digital woo and hype, someone somewhere has to be making a profit though?

2 Likes

so, anyone can have that photo on the wall. By paying made-up money to someone, you are able to have your name added into a list in a digital file to ‘prove’ your ‘ownership’ of the existence of the original image.

woo and hype doesn’t come close

1 Like

Nice. Tks 4 the JPG for my ph0n3.

14 Likes

That’s some serious showing off. Niiiice.

2 Likes

No way. How dare you! Ah shit.

Mike gonna be bummed.

2 Likes

Managed to get it back, thankfully.

Please don’t do that again. I’m about to get my booster so won’t be at the computer.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Sweet, you have an indoor sun. Well jell…

1 Like

Sweeet, well jell!

Eh? I hadn’t seen your post when i post the same thing!?! Spooky!

1 Like

It’s all a bit “I bought the secret Wu tang album, check me out” but on the most basic of dunning kruger levels.

“You can have exclusivity to my life coaching, i’m here just for you, my wisest words are yours, just you”

“Oh thank you so much, you don’t know how much this means to me, turning my life around, you’re expensive but seems you’re worth it and I need the best I can get because, it’s been so tough”

“of course, I appreciate that so that’s why i’m goving you my highest tier of service, are you ready?
here we go… All you need is to remember these words. I have printed them out for you and framed them so you can see them constantly, reminded everyday if you remember these words, take heed of them, you problems will be mended and your future bright… You’re welcome. The invoice is stapled to the back”

“Live, Laugh, Love? Are you fucking serious?”

3 Likes

Just exactly who the fuck is this supposed to be?

Forgive me my ignorance if it’s someone obvious but the what appear to be LED wheels are throwing me off.

1 Like

No way, glow in the dark wheels and Yeezys at a super-steep Southbank! That Powerpuff Girls graffiti is spot on, too!

My mind is changed.

Maybe if kids had decent stickers they wouldn’t have to turn to the internet for NFTs. Look at this utter shit:

3 Likes