Wheel Talk

I had a set of Rowley signature chrome cores in like 2007? They were absolutely dreadful, simultaneously so hard they were rattly, but also could not slide for love nor money. They were black as well, which I thought was fucking brilliant when I bought them, but the novelty lasted about 10 seconds.

1 Like

I’ve never ridden Ricta, but never seen a good set either. Can usually spot them on someone’s set up by the crumbling nature of their urethane!

Ridden a few sets of Bones 100, as they seem like a pretty good balance between price and quality. Just set up some Spitfire Tablets this week. Not Formula 4 though. Can’t bring myself to pay out for those.

I am keen to find out about the Thunders. I’m tempted myself, even though I know I have friends who won’t talk to me for daring to switch from Indy!

1 Like

do ittttt, come over to the daaaark siddeee

also, are F4s noticeably pricier than any other wheel?

1 Like

Bones 100 £25. Spitfire F4 £45. Are they really twice as good?

1 Like

being 100% honest i haven’t ridden any other wheel for about a decade. i skate almost every day and buy maybe 3 sets a year, if that. never flat spot and skate them until they’re too small to be considered a wheel

can bones do that too?

1 Like

Probably not. I guess I get a set of wheels every 6 months (I skate 2 or 3 times a week) and the Bones don’t flatspot easily. I like the shape of the Spitfire Classics, so might bite the bullet and spend the extra on the next set.

2 Likes

plus (and this is the most important part) you get a nifty flame head sticker

3 Likes

Is spitfire’s standard thane any better than it used to be? The slightest thing would flatspot them.

1 Like

only spitfire’s i’ve ever flatspotted where some super soft black ones that i bought by accident. flatspot might not be the right word, i crook’d a sharp ledge and it literally cut a chunk out of the wheel. otherwise no spitfire flatspots

1 Like

I had 2 sets, and were the shittest wheels I’ve ever had. They were notorious for flatspotting.

1 Like

yeah, I never understood the pull, same with Indy, it’s like certain brands have some weird hypnotic gravity, or just that some old tales just grew and are now lore.

1 Like

Sorry, F4s are notorious for flat spotting or spitfire generally?

1 Like

I got some spitfires because of the good rep about 10 years ago and flatspotted them in a minute. I hear the formula is better now.

But I’ve never had a flatspot with bones so that’s my go to.

1 Like

No, the standard spitfires. I’ve had a set of f4’s and they don’t really flatspot.

1 Like

oh cool, sorry my bad. F4s are sick

1 Like

I’ve never skated F4’s but have a pal who is a serial flatspotter who has yet to flat spot a set and has been skating various sets for a couple of years now. The only thing that puts me off is the price. Skating some OJ conicals at the moment that are real nice

1 Like

I’m curious about OJs - got mentioned on MAS. do you know what duro they are?

Only oj elites tho. And they’re 99a

1 Like

Are the elites a similar thane to stf?

1 Like

I think so.

Also welcome orbs are very similar as well. Had a set for years that haven’t flatspotted

2 Likes