Winter Olympics

3 Likes

Seems the BBC only has condensed highlights. Here’s the slopestyle final

Winter Olympics, Must See: Men’s Snowboarding Slopestyle: BBC Sport - Winter Olympics, Beijing 2022, Must See: Men's Snowboarding Slopestyle via @bbciplayer

No bronze in the curling then :-1:

From what I remember last Olympics the curling never seems to end. I guess they all have a go individually as well(?)

Yeah you’re right, plenty to go, this was just the mixed doubles!

Is anyone watching Luge Doubles? Surely it’s just an excuse for a cuddle on a sledge!!

I saw some of that earlier, I think it was a Slovak pair who went over just as they were crossing the finish line, they walked away at least.

:exploding_head:

Why do freestyle skiers bother with poles? I was watching it now and not one put one on the ground at any point.

1 Like

I also don’t care how many times they call going backwards switch, they’re going backwards with their head looking over their shoulder.

1 Like

So literally backwards as opposed to sideways.

1 Like

The women’s aerials was really gnarly earlier. Some of them took some absolutely batshit slams.

If you mistime your spins by a fraction of a second you are almost guaranteed to smash your head back into the ground.

Yeah, how come not fakie? It’s not like switch is even more intuitive as a term to the average non-fan watching.

3 Likes

I think switch sounds better and less confusing than fakie to Joe Public…

“Oh, they’re switching it up”
“Fakie? What’s fake about it?”

This! Its blatantly fakie. Pretty sure bladers call it fakie when theyre rolling backwards.
Didnt bladers do some cheesey ‘one hand in the air’ thing when they were spinning the harder way round too, or am i just dreaming that lol

Exactly. It’s fakie. It’s even fakie when I’m reversing my car ffs.

Can’t vouch for the one hand thing, but I might have to adopt it when parallel parking etc.

Ha ha I heard same thing with BMXers too. Put your hand up to let everyone know it’s not your preferred rotation :joy:

3 Likes

Yep, i think bladers called it ‘unnatural’ haha.
I promise i was never a blader by the way!

I bet these guys were…

It was a random YT throw up. Initially I thought it was going to be an Andy Evans style parody - urban skiing, yeah right. Then I thought, oh it’s blading on skis - wack. I kinda zipped through and it has it’s moments. Some it is pretty mental. I’m not rushing out to buy some skis any time soon though. At least these guys aren’t just doing comp based spinaroonies and are keeping it real by ‘taking it to the streets’:wink:

1 Like

I remember snowblades being pretty popular for a while but it seemed like skiiers could just do all the same tricks but with the added advantage of being able to absolutely hoon it down a mountain.