Women's BATB

I guess having some who identifies as male in a women’s comp would get confusing? As it’s the first all female Berrics comp, they didn’t want to add the GBLT issue in as well?

How do you identify?

I identify as gender-queer non-binary. That’s pretty much it.

Not male.

1 Like

They say ‘Lacey is super feminine’ so by their own logical ‘Lee’ must be a super masculine name also. A gender neutral name would fit the non-binary ethos in a clever way. People wouldn’t know which gender to expect just by your name, which is what non-binary people are pushing for.

Lee is a gender neutral name. Or rather, it is used by both genders.

2 Likes

Yeah Lee is gender neutral. I think both spellings, Lee and Leigh are used by both genders, so makes perfect sense for a non binary name.

Actually we shouldn’t say ‘both’ genders should we? Haha minefield…

3 Likes

They acknowledge there are different genders to say Lacey is feminine. Google tells me Lacey is a gender neutral name too. Males have also been called Lacey.

Prince was ahead of his time when he bacame the symbol. Sheesh.

1 Like

The numbers do not back up your assertion…

http://www.babynameshub.com/gendercompare.cfm?Name=Lacey

There have been more girls named ‘Arthur’

http://www.babynameshub.com/gendercompare.cfm?Name=Arthur

And a lot more name ‘Lee’

http://www.babynameshub.com/gendercompare.cfm?Name=Lee

Yeah it kinda is, but then you can just use them as the two ends of a spectrum and I think that’s relatively respectful. But then I know fuck all, so maybe not. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@voodoo 99% of the time I really enjoy your posts, but you’ve misgendered someone whose very specifically said that they identify as non binary and now you’re digging into name semantics and statistics to justify whatever weird point you’re trying to make, it just comes across pretty poorly if I’m honest.

1 Like

I haven’t miss-gendered anyone. I’ve always referred to them as they/them which LA pointed out a while ago (I take notice), is how they wish to be addressed and I have respected that. ‘They’ themselves say ‘Lacey is super ‘feminine’’ … using gender, not me. I said Lee can be seen as a very male oriented name. ‘The name it’s self’, not anyone called it.

I said the name Lee was male, I was corrected. Fair enough. I then looked up Stacy out of interest and was surprised to see it can be male too. I have know they prefer the use of they/them for a while and have always respected that. No hate campaign, haha.

1 Like

My niece now my 22 year old nephew is trans, it’s been no big deal in my family for years. Trust me. As long as they’re are happy, we’re happy.

2 Likes

I think I may have overreacted when saying you misgendered, as I think I was missing the context of what you were saying here whilst skimming on my phone and looking after an energy filled five year old:

I guess having some who identifies as male in a women’s comp would get confusing?

1 Like

Yeah, I said that I got thinking of the name Lee as a mainly male name wrong, ffs! And I was talking about a comp that uses the word ‘women’s’ in the title it’s self, so maybe it’s Berra you need the word with. Are you one of those people that wants someone to walk down the street naked, while someone rings a bell shouting ‘Shame’ too because of a tweet they did when they were 15? Theres no wiggle room in that for learning and growing as people. You’ve got to get it right the first time or your outcasted, haha.
It’s that kind of reaction that makes people scared to ask questions and get educated on subjects like this, so nothing moves forward.

Of course not. Don’t be ridiculous.

I misread the context of one of your posts and then you and UL got into some weird naming statistics back and forth, which I thought was weird based on that previous misassumption. So apologies for the misassumption.

1 Like

Yeah my reasoning and thinking can be a bit over the place some days. I know that. Side affect of what I was in hospital for a while back. I’ll try and stay on track in the future, haha. Sorry.

3 Likes

Come on.