Cars

Taycan Wagon then

1 Like

Can’t stand the headlights on those.

Neighbour of mother in law has a brand new one and a few months ago somehow they left the boot open overnight and in the morning it was full of snow

2 Likes

Car people.

My car is flashing up saying i need to get an oil service.

My car is due a full service in September. Do I need to do this seperate oil one now?

No it’s the best looking productions car available right now, you’re wrong

Are you sure it’s not warning you that the oil is low? I’ve never seen a car that asks for a service and an oil service separately. Either way I’d check the oil and if it’s okay then just get it all done in september.

My brother had one and sold it after three months. Good car but not as practical as it looks and massively wide and long.

Yeah I hate those headlights! They’ve grown on me a bit but still not into them. Glad someone else thinks the same.

1 Like

Nah it’s a message that comes up on the dashboard. It counted down miles before saying it was due and beeps at me every time i stop I put it into park. The oil level is fine.

I’ll reset it and wait for the full service.

Realised it was a miss fire on the mini causing it to run badly, it’s a blown head gasket :-1:t2:

My car wouldn’t start this morning, 2005 Volvo V70 petrol, turns over fine but doesn’t even try to kick in.
We were about to get rid of it anyway so I’m not going take it anywhere to get fixed but I have a theory about why, does it make sense.

It’s not got very much fuel in it, not quite on the red light but probably only a few miles away from it and I parked on the side of the road last night where it sits at a bit of an angle, could it be that the fuel level is below the intake now because of the low level and slope so if I top up the fuel or push it somewhere flat that might do it?

Sounds like it coukd work. Or stick some more fuel in with a jerry can.

Sounds like it could be the fuel pump. You can check if you’re confident with engines.
If you disconnect the fuel line to the injectors and put it in a plastic bottle , turn the key so the ingntion light comes on without starting the car. That should prime the fuel pump and see fuel flow into the bottle .
If you don’t have any fuel coming from the injector hose it means the pump is knackered or a blockage in the lines - if you’ve run it dry recently.

Good shout, will give that a go this evening. If I can get it going enough to drive it to my workshop that’ll do for now as I’ve got parking there, it’s just perched at the side of the road at the moment which isn’t ideal. Thanks

Volvo update for interested parties, put 5 litres of petrol in it from a Jerry can and it started right up. Note to self, don’t park there when the fuel is low.

3 Likes

Buzzing, the car thread was always wank on the old forum.

Back when I got my license in 2005 go faster Novas were ten a penny. Nowadays for a low mileage 1.0 Merit you’re talking grands easy. Not sure since last time I checked but yeah. Hindsight.

Seen someone talking Defender 90s somewhere on here. Basically all modern four by fours are too swanky to go mud plugging down green lanes.

Jimmy’s had a similar but shorter production run as the Defenders. They have just released a totally new design for the first time in like 30years.

Me and my pal from Coventry nut and bolt rebuilt this and sold it on my ebay. We are 99.9% sure Lemmy once sat in it whilst taking it apart.

Picture has disappeared

Spotted a Delorean

6 Likes

Cool as fuck.

Went to the British motor show at Farnborough yesterday. Still getting the hang of the camera on the new phone (screen shows things that aren’t in the final picture so I’ve not framed them properly). Some seriously tasty metal on show.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Re that lotus, this jap dude on insta runs the most gangster one ever

1 Like