Cars

Run engine open the bonnet poke your head about, rev it and see if you can identify where it’s coming from

Mine carries straight over to the next car. I upgrade slightly every time but not sure on the maths, feels like they just want the sale more than being based on actual amounts…

Depends on the current trade price of your car now. If the trade price is higher than balloon on your current car, the difference between the two values is your next deposit.

If the current trade price is less than the balloon you can walk away with nothing.

Your original deposit is part of your 24/36/48 rental agreement, so that’s gone I’m afraid!

1 Like

Sounds like wheel alignment to me. You got aftermarket alloys? Whacked any curbs recently? Checked your tyres for uneven wear?

No weird feel through the steering going along with it? Maybe feel the tyres for a bulge.

It idles fine. Can’t hear anything.

Is it uneven tyres?

You’d be able to feel in even tyres by running your hand of the tread. Does it change with revs or speed? Revs I’d be looking at the engine, speed I’d be looking at wheels/suspension.

3 Likes

Speed not revs

Is it something vibrating like a splash guard when you get to a certain speed ?

You pretty much said it yourself but the answer is yes, whether it’s from the equity in the previous car or not you will pay it. Nothing carries over, although they will extend terms or make the transition easier if you’re getting another car from the same place. I think it’s always better to go elsewhere and play them off against each other. I sold the car myself last time as they weren’t offering me the settlement figure to give it back early. It’s worth seeing what you can get for the car privately. With a dealer people are paying for a warranty alot of the time, if you can find someone that isn’t bothered about that to buy the car both of you can cut out the middle man and save a bit each

Driveshaft possibly, it’s hard to diagnose. Jack it up get underneath and look for anything obvious and then you can decide if it’s time to get someone to look at it or not.

If you want a replacement body part (plastic panel on inside of tailgate, under the rear window) on a 2010 i.e. an old car is it pretty much breakers yards I’m looking at?

Nah you can buy most parts online or from motor factors.

Stupid plastic bit underneath the engine. Splash shield is it?

1 Like

I think that’s what it’s called, something that went on one of my older cars. I’m just guessing though.

1 Like

Nah it is that, it’s flapping

Probably just needs tightening up Ned, or re-fixing. Or you could just take it off

That’s about as good as you could have hoped for! Not mechanical, easy to replace, or do what I’d do…pull it off and forget about it :grin:

4 Likes

I took the one off my SL when I got it. Unless you have a something really low or drive on rough terrain not really needed

How low was your SL?

My Golf is quite low. I’ll just take it off and worry about it later.