Cars

Not low at all underneath, front spoiler is but nothing metal

Took it to my mate to fix and now I have a whole in my radiator ffs. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @Barf and @Mike. Sort of get it now. Should have asked more questions when I signed the deal but I was too high on stokedness. Guess I’ll hold onto it for now and see what happens at the end.

2 Likes

You do know you can jump out at any time before the term is up right?

Ask them for the settlement figure and see what you can get for the car you don’t need to wait

1 Like

Also IIRC if you’ve payed over half owed on the PCP term you can voluntarily terminate and just give the car back too. Works if you’re in negative. Something like that, but don’t quote me!!! It’s been a while. Something to dig out of the terms.

TBH the way car prices have gone you’ll possibly have a good amount of equity :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sunday report. Currently driving to Guildford to buy a Mk5 GTI front end. At least I’m getting a new grill and headlights too. They were fucked and would have failed MOT in November.

4 Likes

Luckily got Bruno on the way back. Stuck in traffic, this is gunna be a long night.

3 Likes

Some good points from Mr Bean in this.

Update - we’ve broken down on the M25 hahahahhaha.

We kept breaking down. Had to leave my homie. Hopefully have a new front end by Friday, and I’m not around to help. Help is a massive exaggeration - open beers, pass tools etc.

No shit, the front fell off

4 Likes

Not in that one dickhead haha

Meh, the same regurgitated anti-ev fud that every pub bore petrolhead trots out when they’re trying to sound reasonable and informed. Running an old car into the ground is better than buying a new car? Which might be a good argument for running cars for longer but precisely fuck all to do with EVs. Assuming that people are going to keep buying new cars then it is by all measures preferable that they buy electric ones. If someone sells a diesel car to buy an EV then unless it’s ready for the scrapyard then someone is going to keep running it and one more less polluting car is on the road.

I don’t think he was duped, he just used electric cars as an excuse to buy more cars!

Sounds like you didn’t read the article, the main gist is that they just might not be the best solution. After all, every EV adopts technology and a format which derives from petrol cars so they’re intrinsically linked.

It’s the buy a new car every three years model (which is also mentioned in the article) which needs to go most urgently in my view, EV’s aren’t going anywhere.

My next will be another 3 litre - petrol or diesel - used 5 series. I simply can’t afford the prices being asked for Electric nor can I justify the prices either as I do 5000 miles pa at most.

I’m on a decent salary and even a modest family estate is now out of reach, electric laughably so :neutral_face:

A new electric 5 series estate is out next year. I’d hazard a guess it’ll be > £80k.

3 Likes

So back together and drives, just need to fix the original problem from yesterday flappy splash guard thing.

New headlights make a big difference. New bonnet and boot next but had enough for the moment.

5 Likes

Looks clean! New headlamps always make a huge difference on older cars.

1 Like

Thanks bud there’s a couple of dings in the bonnet and usually little bits of rust creeping in on the classic Mk5 spots.

I really love this car, and just hate when there’s little problems. I’m busy till Friday now but needs a bloody good wash and fix this noise and I’ll be a happy chappy for a bit.

Do you know what you are getting next? @Mike mates got a Golf R estate that is amazing. Could go used RS6 for a laugh?

They should just release the hydrogen engines we all know they have haha.

He plainly just wants to be able to buy something that has a internal combustion engine. Hydrogen, “synthetic fuels” blah blah. Honestly heard everything in this article so many times and nothing really stands up to much scrutiny.

“zoom out” as he says and compare like for like then EVs are better than combustion engines by a country fucking mile, unless you start comparing new EVs with used cars. But then you might as well compare them with bicycles or dog sleds.