Cars

Left hand drive. They’re not making right hand drive ones. I just got my deposit back instead.

3 Likes

I’ve had an LHD car before, just driving about was absolutely fine, trying to use any automated barrier things if I was on my own and I had to grab a ticket or put one in, not so much.

2 Likes

Fair enough, but I am not spending that much £££ on a left hand drive car. Tesla can do one.

3 Likes

This thing was made by Leopard if the badge is anything to go by.

Are KIT cars still a thing? My college tutor had one similar to that.

I certainly don’t see many Q reg cars about now that’s for sure.

Was thinking about this earlier today: if you could make a kit car what would it be?

Dunno if it qualifies as a kit car but I’ve always loved those sleeper conversions - lada Cosworth springs to mind.

2 Likes

(finally) got around to sorting the rust issue on the driver arch on my Mk6 Fiesta. One of those ‘ah fook, what have I done by here, mun’ type of jobs. Got the Hydrate on it last night and going to make a proper start today.

That’s the only bad bit of rust on it to be fair, must’ve been from a ding or two rather than it coming out of nowhere.

What year is mk6 because I had 2 mk3 mondeos and they were bad for rusting on the sills.

My bus recently has had a non starting issue, battery drain and boost leak resulting in plumes of diesel smoke pouring out the exhaust.

I found the wire to the solenoid not locked into place and the battery drain is the stereo. Boost leak was sorted by disconnecting the inter cooler pipes and seating them correctly. They have these big paper clip sort of things to hold them on rather then a jubilee clip

2 Likes

Mk6 was 2003-2009 or something IIRC? I think it’s from a slight knock, or at least parts of the rust is from that. I’m hoping to get it done and dusted this time. Did the classic peel back a bit and reveal two holes. Lovely.

Selling my GTI when it’s fixed. Reinheriting a Golf MK 5 1.6 TDI automatic as a daily I think.

What shall I buy that’s stock to mess around with? Fun to drive, and can make it a bit faster and fun noises? Or just keep my spicy Golf even though it’s a fucking Michael Fabricant and I hate it at the moment.

Suzuki Swift Sport (mk2). Not that quick but fun/good handling, so quick in the right hands. Reliable. Underrated cars to those that don’t know.

We had a Suzuki Swift, mk2 I think, the mini shaped one. It was only a 15 petrol, not the sport, but I would say it was the most fun car to drive I think we ever had.

I keep window shopping mk2 sports on Auto Trader to replace my car

They’ve just started playing with a Swift on Mighty Car Mods, for fun / tinkering.

1 Like

Depends what you need the car for but MX5’s are endlessly modifiable, reliable and a lot of fun to drive.

1 Like

I had one for a couple of years. For some stupid reason bought one new when really I should have bought a family car haha. Good cheap fun.

I always come back to an MX have owned 4 and 1/2 (for parts)

For a fun cheap driving experience, they cant be beaten.

My sister loved her MK2. Always wanted a MK1 to go alongside my Integra. Green with tan interior. Make me feel like I’m driving an Elan :sunglasses:My garage ended up being filled with stuff so the space disappeared, money got spent on kids and house so it never happened.

Dreamy

5 Likes