Cars

Looks sick! I know nothing about cars, what’s with the reg. Personalised?

For the first time in my life i’m thinking of learning to drive.
I never ever imagined myself doing it. Most things in life you can imagine doing, even if you don’t end up doing them, I can picture myself at Machu Pichu, jumping out of a plane, getting lost in the Paris catacombs but I can’t picture myself sitting on the right hand side of a car being in control and tootling down the street, the most normal thing that most people do.
I want it to be as quick and painless as possible so been considering learning in an auto. There are arguments against this obviously, restricting myself, cost, allsorts but I personally think that the future on normal everyday road cars will be auto, the manual and petrol side of things will be for enthusiasts etc and will still be around for decades of course. I dunno, but it’s gonna get to a point where it’s a necessity.

I learnt at the age of 28 in an auto. It’s a lot easier to learn, but at the same time, hard things become second nature quite soon when you always have to do them, so maybe if I knew what I knew now, I’d have learnt in a manual.

Old style reg with the age at the end. So it’s W reg, 1980

My daily caravelle is personalised but it came with the car. Has BUS on the plate

yes mate, at least I know it’s possible for us oldies ha.
Must be a skater thing not to bother driving.

2 Likes

I passed at 30 haha.

i’m 43

1 Like

You have kids?

yeah 3 boys, so I have to do it for them really too.

How do you manage without the car? That was the main reason I gave in and learnt!

Missus drove. And yeah, it has come up a couple of times that maybe I should take responsibility and not take advantage in the past, but never in a serious demanding way. We did our share of different things.
Now, it’s going to be a necessity.

ha, yeah, did notice in this thread actually. I hope I don’t go that route :wink:
Although I used to follow rallying as a kid and would love to collect the old late 80s classics.

2 Likes

Similar. Although not as well off, at least now i’m paying for the house myself. I don’t need anything for myself particularly, I curbed my music gear obsession a good while ago as my studio is just right now. So in the next few months if money isn’t too bad i’m gonna make the crazy leap.

1 Like

Want a housemate lol.

haha, eeerr…

1 Like

Driving is good if you don’t have to do it all the time

2 Likes

Renewal has come through, gone up a £100 - rang up got £30 off.

Who was talking about mileage etc?

I can get it slightly cheaper elsewhere, dunno what to do???

I said that the average mileage is 10k, and if you’re saying anything drastically less they’ll worry that you don’t drive enough to be a good driver. Something about the car being left for days makes it more likely to be broken into as well, I think.

1 Like

It’s worth doing a compare the market or money supermarket search, there is always something slightly cheaper out there.

1 Like