Cars

My first car. £900, the first MOT bill came in at £800. The thing was rotten as hell! So my friend and his dad restored it. And since wife, kids etc I sold it as a rolling shell to a guy in Scotland who restores cars.

FB_IMG_1551638810606

5 Likes

Must be worth a bit now.

I really like these.

I had a mk1 polo (not a bready) when I first passed my test - however long ago that was.

1991 I think.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah they were great cars. Everything so simple.

Was a good workout to park it though, no power steering. And you need a good run up to get it up a hill.

1 Like

My first car that did the moon and back was a '99 Peugeot 106. First car I stupidly lowered to a couple of inches off the ground (I live in area with bumps, fantastic idea). I did other mods on it and of course, slapped a subwoofer in there. The classic.

It was a fantastic car par the ICV being a bit dodgy on it, as the 106s were single point injected and often that was the main cause of issues on most 106s. That was the main problem with it towards the end, where it wanted to cut out in traffic and often took a month of Sundays to start properly, alongside ‘kangarooing’ when driving. I could never figure it out and it got to me in the end, so I just got my old man’s Mk6 Fiesta as a daily instead.

Some bastards tried robbing it once and bent the doors on each side, so it wasn’t quite right with the doors being kinda skew-whiff even after we adjusted them. I think the passenger side’s hinge rusted a bit, so it was a bastard to shut. But other than all of that it never missed a beat on the time I owned it from 2013 until last year.

This was it going to become an AX GT donor’s car;

And yep, those are 3 stud wheels.

6 Likes

Most I’ve ever paid for a car was £3500, a G60 mk2 in Oak green.

Best bangers Ive had: £300 275,000 mile tdi mk4 golf. Took it over 300,000 and it ran beautifully.
Also, 220,000 1.4 D4D yaris that cost £500? Bulletproof car tried my best to destroy it. Think it still lives.

7 Likes

Oof Oak Green G60…that was my dream car for years. Still one of the best colours any car has ever come in from the factory.

2 Likes

It was incredibly beautiful.
I melted a piston and swapped it for a VR6 Storm in classic green. Always regretted it.

1 Like

Beautiful cars, and at that price that’s a steal. Got pics?

Same, dream machine!

You had the new wheels out today?

1 Like

Need pics

Love Scirocco’s and Corrado’s too.
Is that a dark Brown Scirocco?

One of my Ex’s brother had a brown Scirocco storm and I airbrushed a pic of his car driving through a storm on the petrol cap but I was lazy and didn’t have the right white paint so I just used what I had which was guache. Reacted with the lacqeur and rusted within 3 months.

Next door neighbour has given me his Auction account logins for the weekend, gonna have a look, might buy something posh haha

1 Like

It was a sort of gunmetal grey…I don’t know the official name. It was a GTS version so originally had some graphics on the bottom half but the previous owner had removed them. Something like this…

EDIT - Actually maybe it was a GT or GTL or something? I can’t remember…or make out what it says in on the badge in the pic. I have the log book somewhere.

3 Likes

Just for shits and gigs, what could I get that’s interesting for £2k?

Bearing in mind the current whip whip nay nay is a 1.2 Jazz.

It was a long time ago, wouldn’t be that price now.

My brother still has his 1600i, its not left it’s air filtered bubble in 6 years I think. Madness!

I think the g60 got bored out and now lives in Ireland

3 Likes

I was surprised to see how cheap CLK convertibles are. Can be rusty but still…they’re so cheap right now.

Start here I guess :smiley:

Yeah I know, been silly money for ages now. That is mint.

Shame the 16 doesn’t get rinsed on a regular basis!

He said interesting :wink:

R53 Cooper S, not had more fun in a car than in mine.

This isn’t mine, great little cars for the money though:

Haha…I think a convertible Merc coupe is interesting…maybe just me. Seen em go for around £1500 which is mad really.

1 Like