Cars

hell yes!
What sort of thing would you like?
fun, comfort, practicality, or floss

If you’re brave and love petrol station forecourts why not buy a Mazda RX8?

2 Likes

Love a good wankel

1 Like

Trouble.

Good question. Watching…

Nissan Cubes are still a little out of this league.

Haha yeah just fucking with you; not heard great things about those gen ones - good mate is a mechanic and he’s talked me out of buying so many cars haha.

Fiat Multipla is a definite possibility though, if you’re looking for something for the neighbors to gawp at

1 Like

My brother had a coupe and it was ok. 320 petrol. Interior is horrible but it was quite a nice car. Mechanics always back Ford but they’re shite in my experience.

Haha! The newer ones aren’t quite as… erm… visually challenged as the older, but I’m still not convinced.

Maybe when I get (a bit) older. :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t even know what I want just wanted to see what weird and wonderful bits you guys throw out there.

Doesn’t look too bad in black with the right wheels.

You’d get on with my mate then - he fucking hates Fords haha.

1 Like

That’s sick.

Not bad for the money either. W124 at this price with FSH is mad.

Mate had one with the JCW bits on it, exhaust, smaller pulley etc. That thing flew! Any gear and the supercharger would just be on boost and it would keep going. I had R50 Cooper which was a bit of a lemon. Kept over heating, a cheap fun car though to raz about it though

1 Like

Those Mercs are collectors car now, not cheap at all. Shame it went for parts but get it was driven to bits.

Yeah we’re talking 2003-4. A while ago anyway. Could still be running around somewhere in Africa for all I know.

I bet it is, especially with the weather and virtually no rusty conditions .

1 Like

Lets hope so. Drove that thing to Newquay and back with a car load of skaters days before it got written off because of leaking fuel and general rot.

The Rx-7 was cool too. It broke down a lot but one time the recovery guy who turned up ended up being a massive car nerd and was fascinated by it. He told me to ring for a home-start on a particular day and he would be on duty so he’d come round and have a proper look over it for me. I did, and he came to my house and sorted out loads of dodgy electrics and stuff for me for free. Legend.

4 Likes

Had an RX7 and 2x RX8s, can absolutely confirm they drink petrol and are a nightmare to start if you flood the engine

1 Like

Yeah my 89 merc TE has a fuel tank fix from the tank to the filler pipe . Couldn’t find a decent second had replacement.
Front wings are treated with gaffa too for the rust.
But it’s still going and they are now getting pricey .

1 Like