Cars

I bought it because it had a roof rack and a tow bar, that’s all my expertise can spot.

You’ll have to let us know how it goes.

(by which I mean the MOT, not the actual car).

failed for headlamps aiming too high and now they can’t get one of them to move. Other than that clean.
I’ve left it with them to try and sort tomorrow morning and re test but if they can’t I’m gonna ‘hold my beer’ them and take it back go give a go. It can’t be that hard…

4 Likes

Saw this Mercedes parked outside my work today.

4 Likes

Huzzah! I’ll take that.

8 Likes

That looks sick, wonder if it’s on air bag suspension?

I got into my new workshop yesterday and the old boy I’m renting it off showed me all the treasures in his workshop next door. Full of old dodgy machinery he’s made over the years and a load of equipment that came out of a spitfire factory. Tucked right in the back corner under a sheet is a mint, white MK2 fiesta rally car he used to race back in the day, I’ll try and sneak a photo next time he’s around.

6 Likes

Get photos of all the workshop , sounds incredible. Proper time warp you don’t see anymore

3 Likes

Big day!

It’s been off the road for eight years and I’ve been learning / welding / tinkering for the last three years to get it back on the road.

Family trip to the coast for chippy tea tonight to celebrate.

9 Likes

Bet you’re buzzing! It’s a great feeling when a long project gets back onto the road. It’s a great sense of achievement

1 Like

Definitely got the chuffedy vibes!
It still needs tidying up, but after a long (long) time we can use it again.

1 Like

I must be a bit of an odd one here - the idea of a camper van itself is sound and Id like one but the thought of not being to escape my wife and kids outweighs anything else lol

1 Like

Depends how you use it! I use mine as a mobile office. Park it up by a skatepark, put a brew on and work from my laptop in the back!

3 Likes

Haha, we’ll there you go! I guess it’s a case of thinking outside of what I’d expect the usual use cases would be :rofl:

I’ll bet, I’m generally okay with spanners and screwdrivers but never tackled welding myself. Hopefully picking our new van up on Wednesday, got a bunch of bits in the garage ready to finish it off but mostly cosmetic stuff, just some trim pieces and a set of chunky A-Team style tyres. Well excited!

3 Likes

Sounds ace - I’m excited for you. :grin:

Don’t forget your screaming hand sticker.

Haha, check.

1 Like

Meant to say I’m gunna buy that Audi fuck it.

3 Likes