Cars

No clue what they go for but that definitely seems like plenty of car for the money.

1 Like

Just had to put this merc appreciation here .

Just lovely

5 Likes

The wheels are on wrong. Ruining a lovely car.

1 Like

Yeah I know it’s a thing having cars like that but to me it just looks a bit shit and stupid, like it’s been sat on.

I think it would look lovely without the camber and stretched tyres. Bet it’s a nightmare to drive like that too

Fuck I love a bagged car

2 Likes

Think of the uneven tyre wear

The radio arial on the back seems very ostentatious.

2 Likes

Borrowed my old man’s 25 year old Pajero earlier. He’s had it since it was a year old when it was imported from Japan and it’s in really good nick for its age. He bought an Outlander as a replacement about a year ago but he just can’t bear to part with it. Keeps going on about some valve that he wants to change before selling it but really I think he just can’t bear the thought of it going.

Anyway he’d told me it gets a lot of admiration and I thought he was possibly exaggerating a bit but I went to the tip and in ten minutes had two lots of people came up to congratulate me on it and start asking questions. I’d run it myself if only I had a garage to keep it in.

1 Like

When I was at school a chemistry teacher had a Pajero he ran on chip fat.

That used to be a pretty popular idea. You could always smell it when you were driving behind one.

Rick McCrank did the same thing with his Delica…

1 Like

My dad had an old split screen VW Camper for years and used it for carrying his windsurfing kit, (incidentally, he was one of the first windsurfers in the UK way back in the 70’s when people had never even seen one. But that’s a whole other story).

He was constantly being hassled about selling it by one of the surfers in a beach car park he used to park up in. After years of ownership he bought a new all singing all dancing replacement that had heating/ air con, an engine with a bit more poke and all the bells and whistles. More often than not he’d still take the old one out instead. Eventually though he gave in to the Spicoli car park dude who, over time, had up’d his offers by thousands. They shook on it. My Dad spent all night the night before the sale sat in his camper and called the guy in the morning and, as ungentlemanly as it is, backed out of the deal. The surf bum was cool about it on the proviso that if/when it was genuinely up for sale my Dad would sell it to him. It took a couple more years but he did finally let it go.

Some years later my wife and I were in St Agnes in Cornwall, (wife’s a surfer), and I spotted a familiar number plate and there it was - Dad’s old camper. It had a dope new paint job and some slightly dubious Porsche wheels, but it was the same old bus. I went up and spoke to the guy and spun him out a little by telling him who he had bought it off of and few other things about it. It was still owned by the bloke my Dad had sold it to and he wasn’t selling that van any time soon either.

6 Likes

Think this is me.

Diesel though. Good luck selling that in a few years, will be a nightmare

1 Like

We had a mk6 for a few years, 1.4tsi petrol SE. Felt really heavy. It had the factory option “sports” suspension and optional wheels like the GTD but could never get away from how heavy it felt and drove.

We had a problem with the suspension and rear tyres feathering as they wore which produced an awful noise after a while. Then the coolant just started disappearing for no reason - could never be found and it wasn’t head gasket.

We’ve have a mk7 1.4tsi for 5 years, 65k from new, feels much lighter than the mk6 and drives much better. I really like the engine (it’s no rocket ship tho) and we see 55mpg regularly. Only problem we’ve had is at 5 years old the wing mirror glue perishes and the mirrors just fall off lol

Why swap the worlds best car for a similarly sized one?

I just want something nice.

fair enough

I for one am loving this off-road Porsche trend:

Long may it continue.

1 Like