Cars

Well that takes the jam out of my doughnut.

2 Likes

Got the new van at last. Spent the last couple of days doing all the exterior mods, swapping the wheels and tyres about, fixing bits here and there. Absolutely buzzing. Obviously supposed to be taking the family camping this weekend but I’d rather just stay at home and keep fettling the van if I’m being honest.

11 Likes

Looks great!

Take ‘stuff’ and fettle while out.

I nicknamed my van Brick Turpin - because… ‘shape’ and it keeps taking my money, but since the MOT I’ve been tinkering and, seemingly, throwing more money at it willingly.

Stockholm Syndrome? :grinning:

Tried polishing it tonight, but it needs much (much) more.

2 Likes

Picking up a 1.6 Golf FSI Automatic 08 plate tomorrow - got some dents so gunna buy new bodywork for it but it’s my Grans car, done 20,000 miles and cost me £0 so I’m fucking stoked.

Help me, I wanna make it ok what should I do, had a service with last MOT in March.

4 Likes

If you find an oldschool dent guy with the special tools he might be able to get them out. They usually work for a set price per panel. We used a fella that used to worked on the old Ford production line in Dagenham, an indian dude who was nicknamed ‘Singh the Ding’ and he was a real master, could get the tiniest dings out of pretty much anywhere on a car

If the paint’s broken there’s no point, got to go to a body shop.

Yer I can buy the parts my homie will fit them. One is definitely fucked big scratch so that’s getting ordered ASAP.

Other one my other mate will look at (Paint and Body BMW)

What was done on the last service and how many miles has it done since then?

1 Like

Probably 0-30 miles since then. I’m not sure what was done. It’s a free car so don’t mind spending some money on it :slight_smile:

Dutty alloys

The mot would have some advisory notes on if anything was obvious. Use it for a bit and see if anything starts making a noise.

Since we’ve had all this hot weather, the plastic cover behind the steering wheel has started vibrating loads on my focus. Might try and fix that with some well placed bits of blue tack.

1 Like

When I bought mine I did fuel filter, oil filter, air filter and oil. I bought all genuine stuff from darkside developments. Cabin filter as well

No advisories on last MOT.

How do I do any of that? Wanna get some sweet rims

Use monkylondon for 10% off as well

1 Like

I have the same on my CRV and it’s driven me to twat shit out of it whilst driving on multiple occasions recently.

2 Likes

Go to a proper wheel shop. Make sure you know whether you want them tucked, flush, poked or whatever before you go in. If possible take a pic of how you want them otherwise they’ll look like crap.

1 Like

She’s home. It’s 6 months older than my car currently. But bigger engine, 21k on the clock, automatic and has fucking air con (I have melted this week) and cruise control - I’m doing a lot on the motorway.

She needs some new alloys, thinking black but never bought any before hoping people can suggest something and a new boot. Colour code 85 KW I think.

5 Likes

Nice! I reckon that dent looks like something that as Spanky suggests could be pulled out by someone with the skills.

You reckon? I’ll call a body shop.