Cars

Got £3k need a motor.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109307985119?

Just to say you’ve owned a Cadillac :+1:

Going in heavy on the dadwagon (disclaimer: I haven’t read through any of the descriptions for warning signs)

2 Likes

In my experience, going cheap on a used BMW is financial suicide

5 Likes

Yep, the fuel pump is another common one too, that’s what happened to me. It’s a mission to fix as well, they have to take out the transmission to get to it so the labour costs are stupid. Not much prevention to be done there

1 Like

Being a sensible kind of bloke (not really…) I’d likely look at a low mileage petrol Focus at the 3k mark. Sorry, boring choice, but simple enough to fix and cheap parts because there are thousands of the things.

1 Like

I can use it as a deposit as well.

What happened to your golf?

It was a golf right, not a polo?

Yer I basically got given it, my Gran shouldn’t be driving but she wants it back, no drama. She now wants it back, but will help with some money towards a new car.

Ah cool.
I was hoping it wasn’t written off or knicked.

1 Like

No but I test drove a polestar XC60 and it was gorgeous. Obviously a totally different thing but the quality was insane. If you take one for a spin, I’d be keen to hear what you think.

Going carless for a bit from tomorrow. If the next house has a driveway I’m definitely thinking about something like that.

1 Like

What about those Lucid Airs

Pricey, mind

If you pay a bit more for the dual motor you get 0-60 in 4.5 seconds. Faster than a Model 3.

1 Like

Unless it’s the fast Model 3 which does it in about three seconds.

My wife wants an electric car, she only got a new one a couple of years ago and although she can do what she wants it feels wasteful to me. I don’t buy new cars…I can’t see how it can make sense to buy any new car over running your old one into the ground…regardless of how polluting it is.

Obviously the whole petrol shortage conspiracy might force me into going electric just like they want me to, haha.

1 Like

Is the LHD only? I’m getting Fisker Karma vibes from this company…loved those things shame they never really took off.

1 Like

Not in the traffic lights grand prix against the wrong Tesla it isn’t.

Honestly the thought of two electric cars racing each other away from the traffic lights makes me a bit sad. That whole thing arose from tuning culture which meant not knowing what someone was running under the bonnet and it being created by your own efforts…pressing a switch and racing away powered by magnets is soulless.

Rubbish, people are already modifying electric cars and will continue to do so. Soulless is some nonsense that’s been thrown at anything that’s new with cars since forever.

That front end is easily 1.5x longer than it needs to be!

2 Likes