Cars

Good luck…looks like the sort of car any MOT tester worth his salt would pass without question!

3 Likes

It is exempt, but rather someone cast an eye over it. There’s no structural rust to fail on. Most of the suspension is new at the front. Electrics work, the head lights might need adjusting as I swapped from sealed beam to halogens.

Just worried the handbrake might fail as it’s run out of adjustment, but I have a new cable on order.

That’s fucking rad! Knew a lad who had a black van Mini, BL square grille one, back in the day. Used to get a bunch of us just sat in the back. Heady days of road safety :rofl:

I think you have to get it MOTd anyway if it’s modified, even if exempt. I have had to in the past.

I think it depends how extensive the mods are. I just want everything checked and if I ever had a crash its back up for the insurance. Although cars can be MOT exempt they still have to be maintained to that standard.

Fixed the fog light, it had no earth.

2 Likes

That looks cool.

face of a 205, arse of a chevy crossfire, no thanks!

Not keen either and looks like it should be in the film with this

1 Like

Love that film

Peugeot’s a weird one, they’ve always had wicked concept cars with quite groundbreaking designs, then they go into preproduction and get watered down into boring shit identical to the last Peugeot.

The new line of hatchbacks are pretty nice though, apparently the tech is good too

1 Like

Peugeot 205 gti was an absolutely sick motor. Rallye one even cooler. T16 the ultimate.

4 Likes

Trying to find a Mk5 Golf GTI in 5 door and not fucking Red.

I’ve only owned one Peugeot, (other than the racing bike I had back in the early
80’s). I had a G reg (1989) 1.9 205 GTi back in 92/93. It felt like a full blown sports car to me at the time. Admittedly I did drive it like a bit of a twat It was pokey as, and I was quite young which can be a sketchy combo. Definitely had a few close calls in it. I sold it on to get some quick cash to go travelling which was a lifesaver on both counts.

4 Likes

Never owned one but drove a stripped out Rallye at a rally school and I preferred it to the Imprezas.

1 Like

I took in a 305 cabrio as part exchange and fuck me, it was so shit. Felt like the gear stick was a toothpick and it would come off if you pulled it too hard

1 Like

305 or 205?

I had an ageing 406 coupe a fair while back, drove like a dream but didn’t last too long.

106 Quicksilver in 2002, first ever new car as well. Lift off oversteer for the win!

I need a 2nd car. Could be a 2 seater.

Under 10k. Hit me with some ideas.

It could be anything but preferably a bit small.

Could do a lot worse than a 3.2 V6 Alfa Romeo.