Cars

Checked and it was a 306, this exact one

Imgur

2 Likes

Still looks pukka that though! Always thought the 306 had good lines.

Think they can thank pininfarina for that

100% better without those fucking horrible US spec bumpers and lights!

Makes no sense at all. It’s like claiming Hershey’s chocolate tastes better because you’ve got used to the vomit flavour.

1 Like

Yeah and I get that. If you prefer a small bumper Mk2 golf to the big bumper version…I get it. But there comes a point where opinions don’t count and in every case where US government mandated big bumpers were retrospectively added to euro cars it’s a fail. You need to swap your rose tinted specs for deep fuschia binoculars to convince yourself otherwise :joy:

2 Likes

Oh yeah that’s fine I was only talking about pre-impact bumper cars. 911s, Mercs, jags…

I raise your 90s S Class with this fugly beast…

I get the impression you’re a Mercedes fan @anon83623327.

1 Like

One day I’ll get a massive 90s S Class for around the 10k mark as well if at all possible but an A8 would also tempt me because it’d always remind me of the S8 in Ronin.

1 Like

I have one in black , with a hard top. It’s a great to drive (RWD) , fast and sticks to the road like a go cart. Bullet proof engine too. Maintenance on these is pretty low cost. Had the odd shock go but so easy to replace. Had the car for 5 years plus and it’s also ULEZ compliant .

Mmm S class heaven :star_struck:

I raise your 90s S class with this fugly beast!

1 Like

Looks like cheap chinese knockoff

The paintwork with 2 tones can rarely be pulled off, like a bi-metal watch, tacky in the wrong hands.

1 Like

See Nigel for example.

1 Like

Awful man.

Famously ugly but just as famously over-engineered so I think if you’re a fan of Mercedes it holds some appeal. It was never very popular even when new. The coupe version is a step beyond this even.

The Maybach is well over engineered. It was hand-built and many of the components were manufactured specifically for that car.

It was an attempt by Mercedes to enter the ultra luxury sector cos BMW and Audi did - and they went all in on it. Failed, because it looked horrible and there was no reason not to save €200k by getting a top spec S-class…but it’s DEFINITELY over engineered…there’s even a million mile one out there to prove the point :smiley:

The mini passed its MOT today! Just needs a wiper blade, they didn’t have any small enough to fit.

First MOT in 8 years. An attempted break in, 5 house moves, 2 kids and a house purchase it’s almost road legal. Just waiting on the log book to come back so I can tax it.

12 Likes