Cars

Yup, I know that game, I use Amazon Vine at work haha.

Had a minor bump this morning. Dash cam would have been useful, but with insurance excess it’s not worth it. I pulled out into the side of him, however I think he overtook the cars turning left into the road I was pulling out.

Shit driving from myself, head really not with it.

We’ve all been there, I made a massive dent/scratch when I was trying to get out of a car park in a hurry.

1 Like

Don’t worry I reversed into someone the other day. I dented their bumper let my insurance know. Felt like a right Brian because of it

2 Likes

Love that!

2 Likes

Roadangel or nextbase are good. If you have a Costco card or know someone with one they have them there cheaper than online.

that’s cool! A few people are engineering the leaf drive train into classics.

I know that’s more of a special one off but I do think it’s an option which should be getting more publicity, loads of people buying whole new cars and eventually scrapping all the old ones can’t be the best thing environmentally.

It’s usually really expensive and not really worth it for run of the mill hatchbacks. Just like fixing them is often not worth it once they get to ten or fifteen years old and the wrong thing breaks. Main thing is to make sure that every scrapped car is replaced with an EV rather than something that’s going to burn fossils for another fifteen years.

I’m on so many GTI MkV breaker groups.

I’m never giving this car up. Once my mortgage (hopefully) clears this month. Its getting booked in for a stage 2 remap.

1 Like

Just bought this one from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ORSKEY-Dashboard-Dashcam-Detection-G-sensor/dp/B07PFSXZ2W/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1MQ3NDL9G5CQD&keywords=dash+cam&qid=1639759708&sprefix=das%2Caps%2C228&sr=8-3

Seems ok so far although not really worked it all out but it was a doddle to fit

I’d be interested to hear a breakdown of all that though, just think what goes into creating a whole new car from the lights to the wheels. I’m struggling to believe that the most environmentally thing to do is replace every existing car, van and lorry with a whole new electric version. Also think of how many cars have been scrapped in the past not because the actual car is in a terrible condition but because the cost of repair outweighs the value of the car.

Thanks, anything to bring my insurance down.

You can only sell things people want to buy, though. Who in their right mind is going to spend twenty grand buying and then converting an old Focus or something only to end up with a really compromised EV, load space half full of batteries, when for a few quid more they’ll soon be able to buy a used ID3 or whatever instead. I don’t know I just don’t see a way that converting will ever be much more than a niche thing to keep some classics on the road.

1 Like

You could well be right there for all I know. Another point is that many new cars cost well in excess of 20k so it might be worthwhile for some.

2 Likes

Do dashcams get the owner into trouble very often? We’re looking at getting them in the work vehicles but I’m a bit concerned if I’m honest.
I don’t drive like a Brian, and have only had 3 points in 25 years but i do drive at 90 or so on quiet motorways.
Is a camera going to dob me in if something went wrong lol

Only if you’re too fucked up to eat the SD card before plod turn up.

3 Likes

Every electric window apart from the drivers window now refuse to lower. The car is 11 years old. Is it trying to tell me this kind of low level automobile gaslighting is now a regular thing and I should buy a newer one? Been in that trap before of keeping an old car going with nearly monthly repairs instead cutting my losses.

You know anyone that could check it for cheap? That’s usually my port of call.

Vroom vroom the other day, haven’t had a fun drive for a little bit.

2 Likes