Cars

Got my car washed today and I think the jets have caused a bit of paint to come off.

How do I repair it? I found paint pens online but no fucking idea how to use them.

Post pic pls

If it makes any use I bought a compressor and a spray gun recently you could borrow if needed.

@Spanky

Get a small touch up paint from halfords or something. About the size of a lipstick with a brush on the end. Make sure the chip’s dry and remember to only paint the chip, don’t get the paint on the paintwork.

Paint code should be in the manual or drivers side door shut or VIN plate I think. Looks like a metallic. Don’t try to guess the paint code or do it from memory or a photo, you’ll never get it right

mate just sharpie it Jesus.

You’d be horrified if you saw my car, it’s got scratches down the length of both sides like it’s been keyed and someone has just gone over it with a vaguely similar silver spray can.

2 Likes

I was wrestling a baby seat out of the back of the car when it slipped and put a white gouge down the dark metallic grey of the rear passenger door. It’s the first ever car I’ve bought new (on wife’s insistence), a Toyota RAV4 and normally I am anal about paintwork and all that but with this car I honestly couldn’t give a fuck. Depends how emotionally attached you are to it, and from how ned was talking I think he is probably getting quite intimate and looking to take it to the next level

1 Like

We are pretty intimate.

2 Likes

Engine light started flashing this morning randomly during hard(ish) acceleration.

Mis-fire?

Dropped it into VW £120 just to check :slight_smile:

You can buy OBD dongles that plug in under the dash and you can check the error codes yourself with your phone. Well worth the money, they are under 15 quid on amazon/ebay

2 Likes

Got a link?

I’ve got a Carista one for my VW van, should also work on your VW Golf. Plug in under your dashboard and you access all the settings on an app you download to your phone.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carista&adgrpid=50781161702&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuP-OBhDqARIsAD4XHpcwZQVEkqmpYpjqnis83Mcq1jCy3JlzeASZWbF34L26z3lsRMV_LBMaAvcREALw_wcB&hvadid=259017968355&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1007443&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=12554031505238968754&hvtargid=kwd-302051497915&hydadcr=172_1736102&tag=googhydr-21&ref=pd_sl_4xketkmisi_e

I got this one, it’s fine, worked on the WRX and the RAV4 Amazon.co.uk

1 Like

Oh christ which one to get.

Get Spanky’s, it’s cheaper…he can tell you which app he downloaded to use with it. I got the Carista one because they have their own app and I knew it would work.

Make sure you get one that will work with your phone (Android/iOS). I think the link I posted works with both.

Yer says IOS on it.

Need to make an Amazon account now.

The big scandal here is how the fuck do you not have an Amazon account

3 Likes

Because I work with it every day, and really don’t want to give Jeff Bezos any more money.

2 Likes

Bet you can get it on ebay.