Cats, Dogs and Pets

Thanks mate! :relaxed:

I always heard red hens were the friendliest. The first 2 we had were reds and they used to follow us everywhere!

5 Likes

Your insta makes me want to move to Switzerland and open a beer garden full of animals.

1 Like

Aww, when we were camping last year at a farm they had about thirty identical-looking chickens wandering round and maybe just one of them was super friendly. Kept our daughter occupied for an hour at time wandering round the whole place trying to find the chicken that lets you stroke it.

1 Like

You should have come for a beer tonight! :wink:

2 Likes

We used to have a cat very similar.ong haired peach colour. He came with a house we rented as the owners moved out to Gibraltar. He was awesome, he would sit on the owners shoulders and drive to work with him.

1 Like

@franc can I come stay when this bullshit is less bullshit. I want a beer with a chicken looking at that view.

4 Likes

I love how I can already reocgnise some of your pets from Instagram!

I grew up as a “cat person” and still consider myself a “cat person” although I’ve always loved dogs. However now we have a dog, I must be a “cat and dog person”.

Here’s Luna…

Does she even skate!?

PS - RIP to the ex-parrots and other pets. I’ll listen to Pavement in tribute to your lovely chooks Franc!

4 Likes

I’m not a big fan of dogs but my neighbours’ dog is called Luna too and she’s sweet!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B10l2S3iKkv/

2 Likes

We’ve put down a deposit on a tortie sphynx. The Mrs wants one and I do sort of, I’ll enjoy her once we get her. Just a bit worried as it’s expensive and our other cat was just a farm cat we got free.

Our cat just sharted and peppered the sofa with brown specks of joy.

5 Likes

Sweet. Seems like one of ours has an allergy, I’ve had to take her to the vet’s 3 times since August. 100ish francs (about 85 quid) every time. Piss-take.

2 Likes

That sounds like the dream to me right now haha. I’ve spent over 5K going to the vets with my dog in the last 18 months. AND he’s insured :grimacing:

Just became the carer of a 75 year old tortoise. Our friends dad got him when he was 3 and he’s got to hospital with the covid.

Anyone got any experience with them?

3 Likes

My Grandparents have a tortoise called Tessa, it’s been in my Grandmother’s side of the family for as long as she can remember. She’s great.

This time of year the just need warmth, they’ll let you know how much food they need by either eating all the food in front of them or leaving it.

Tessa is a fan of strawberries, lettuce, cucumber, spinach and bread soaked in milk.

Hope that helps!

4 Likes

Awesome. Tortoises are so rad. Like some kind of dinosaurs that somehow survived and live with us.

My 3 chickens are doing well despite the winter weather. They still lay eggs all the time and are in really good shape. Their eggs are the best. The yolk is almost orange and sooo big. Yum.
Adopting another 2 in March I think. :heart: :heart:

4 Likes

We have a Hermann tortoise, he is awesome. Not 100% clear from your picture what breed yours is

Edit - he does look a bit Hermanny. I think they prefer soil instead of paper to live on. They’ll eat most greens and have strawberries as a treat

2 Likes

Yeah we’ve been to the pets shop for some supplies. The old boy who had him somehow managed to nearly burn his house down with the heat lamp.

1 Like

The tortoise has a proper contained vivarium? Do you know what breed it actually is? Most Europeans tortoises are fine with room temperature with a hot patch (so an open enclosure but with a hot bit)

1 Like

We think he’s Greek. The vivarium came with him so we just presumed that’s what he needs. We’ve got a couple of cats so best keep him safe for a bit.

If he’s 75, what has been living in most of that time? What an awesome dude

1 Like