ChatGPT and AI

most of my use of it is frivolous laziness with scripting languages but it’s definitely putting out worse code than it was 6 months ago or so

A frequent one I run into is I have to ask it constantly to lay out excel formulas on one line so i can actually paste them in.

I tell it to never give me a formula that runs over multiple lines. I only ever want formulas on one line etc.

Nope. I constantly have to ask it to rewrite formulas so i can paste them in.

I know what it’s doing is a bit of a miracle but this really fucks me off. Listen to me you stupid fucking robot twat!

2 Likes

https://x.com/charliebholtz/status/1724815159590293764?s=20

wow

2 Likes

He can live forever!

No. Let people die. It’s sad but let someone else narrate something.

1 Like

the next step will be a Saudi-funded Attenborough AI that thinks petrol is great and we don’t need thaaaat many trees really

2 Likes

Can I have Ray Liotta narrating mine in the style of Goodfellas?

Actually that would be well boring

When you let AI write the obituary…

3 Likes

Stephen Fry did a BBC nature series about 10 years ago, it just didn’t sound right. Too dramatic. Same for US versions of Planet Earth where they get Morgan Freeman to do the voice over.

Has this been posted yet? Makes the song for you.

https://app.suno.ai/

1 Like

Game changed. This is too good.

1 Like

Write a black metal song about toddlers

black metal intense aggressive
[Verse]
In the darkness they rise, with fury in their eyes
Tiny demons of chaos, born to terrorize (hail!)
Their innocent facade, conceals the inner storm
They crawl and they scream, it’s the calm before the maelstrom

[Chorus]
Toddlers of darkness, their tantrums reign supreme (oh-oh-oh)
Unleashing havoc, the chaos unforeseen
With footsteps of thunder, they conquer with their might (their might)
Listen in horror, as they cry through the night (through the night)
(growling) Aggressive toddlers, the blackest of the breed

image_ab8c3062-9c21-4edc-8f46-9db89224dadb

Here.

3 Likes

write a euro disco song about uk skate forum

euro disco energetic catchy
[Verse]
Late at night, when the moon’s out shining
We come alive, with our wheels a-gliding (ooh-ooh)
On the streets of London, where the music’s pumping
We’re the skater crew, and we’re always jumpin’ (ooh-ooh)

[Chorus]
In the neon lights, we ride the night away (away)
On the UK skate forum, where we skate and sway (skate and sway)
Oh, the rhythm takes control, as we spin and glide (spin and glide)
Dancing to the beat, feeling so alive (so alive)
(UK skate forum, oh-ooh-yeah)

Yep.

7 Likes

Use it to make a CSC Black Friday ad earlier.

I ‘made’ the music and Don did the professional graphic design.

5 Likes

Wow

IMG_3286

Stephen Fry reads Nick Cave’s stirring letter about ChatGPT and human creativity.

Midjourney 6 has dropped. Insane. How can you trust any pictures now?

https://twitter.com/nickfloats/status/1737728299332460681?t=3gce3wD28PJyrMqBbAsO3w&s=19

1 Like

Been mucking about with it a bit today, got some good results.
As ever, it’s all about the prompt and not going full hog on the inherent MJ styling. Personally, I always find it funny to read others’ prompts when they’re so outrageously precise and basically looking to fulfill and entire graphic design brief, right down to “The text on the card says Happy Birthday Adam”

I’ve just found some guy prompting for “Light Oak Wood, floor, panel, top down, surface, texture” which is just a shot of some floorboards…

And then this -

“Capture the Essence of Divine Beauty: Create a compelling ad set that seamlessly blends the mystical allure of Hindu mythology, featuring the powerful goddess Kali, with the contemporary elegance of modern digital art. Explore the juxtaposition of ancient spirituality and digital impressions in a way that resonates with the soul. Highlight the significance of Kali, the goddess of empowerment, through captivating visuals that seamlessly fuse traditional Indian mythology with the digital age. Elevate Midjourney.com as the destination for immersive digital art experiences that transcend time and culture.”

No image though, he made a mess of the /imagine

Just made my GF literally wet her pants with this where I came out as a convict santa Devo gnome!

1 Like

I mean you would say that what with being a graphic designer. IMHO they can do a perfect job with a full graphic design brief. I was messing about last night and made this excellent 80s VHS cover for the big screen version of a 70s tv comedy that is based on our monthly curry night:

1 Like