Classic Sidewalk Forum

Was there a swap thread on the old forum at some point?

I swapped some Vans Eras with you buildafire for a Suburban Bliss t-shirt and some books on hoolaganism. Still wear that Suburban Bliss T, value for money trade!

2 Likes

Defo need a swap thread. Have a tonne of shit that I don’t want and can’t be assed with the hassle of selling.

Has anyone got any old hook ups tees they want to swap for £180?

10 Likes

Don’t give the scrawls any credence.

Don’t hide your light under a bushel, it’s clear you’re a confident mark maker.

Just remembered something from the old forum. Didn’t someone claim they had discovered a way to find out who they had been neg repped by? I remember there was some drama over that because someone allegedly found out who they had been ‘unfairly’ negatively repped en masse by. Then everyone started doing it and accusing one another. It was brief, but pretty funny.

4 Likes

Yeah you could work out who repped you by finding the ID of the user in the page source

1 Like

That forum existed for ages before people figured out about reputation

1 Like

ha yeah it was fully blank for 10 years. then the whole ‘must spread’ thing came about when people were nailing quotas.

Fucking hell I remember I had really dark couple of months and decided to take it out anonymously neg repping all the happy clappers everyone but me seemed to love and when it was revealed it wasn’t anonymous and so I gave myself a couple of weeks off in hiding.
I’m much better now though thanks.

8 Likes

Haha, reminds me of that time I posted the image location for the Facebook user profile photo, so if you were to view it you’d see your own Facebook profile picture from your cache.

This was in the continually updated people you love to hate thread.

I got umpteen messages from folk asking what my beef was. Happy days.

6 Likes

Haha like I was saying on my post above, some people really did have a proper go at me.

I think it was a post where I was mentioning one of the older boys down by me ‘swapping’ their stance, since all his mates skated regular and he was goofy. I was just explaining how I said he’s just good at skating switch and everyone would say ‘‘no he swapped stance’’ etc.

I just got a negative rep with someone saying I’m a stupid fucking cunt and to shut my mouth bahaha.

Apparently Simon Woodstock simultaneously + repped that particular post I believe as well.

2 Likes

Just found this on my computer. Feel like it’s related to this place somehow but no idea what it is?

tesco5ee

3 Likes

I can’t help, but think we need more of this sort of thing.

Was thinking about that chav we were keeping tabs on for a while was he called bonehead or something?

Loghead?

Noel Gallegher’s liner notes from the Definitely Maybe anniversary reissue.

1 Like

I can’t remember if he joined the forum to troll or if he was a FB acquaintance of a forum member.

But he was more chav than 10 Danny dyers cutting slags.

1 Like

@anon90826813 had a ‘chav’ account but I think that was more parody than satire.

I remember who mean - I think his FB profile pic got posted on the OG forum by someone who knew him then he found his way here - I’m sure his name had ‘beef’ in it

EDIT: remembered Matt Bull!!!

5 Likes