Continually updated beat francois lunch v2.0

1. Drop your eggs individually into small cups first if possible, this makes it easier to slip them into pan
  2. Get a rolling boil on
  3. Put 1 capful of white vinegar in
  4. Stick your toast on
  5. Slip eggs into the pan
  6. Turn heat to half what it was
  7. When your toast pops up, butter them and your eggs are done at same time

Warning: I have my toast done super lightly. And yes @jimvo the white vinegar is key. Sometimes helps if you hold pan at angle to make sure the egg sits in one corner without blowing out, but if your eggs are fresh they should be fine

Way too much admin

None of this is helping with my meal planning.

What about the vortex method? You create whirlpool with a spoon or something and drop the eggs into the middle. High risk of total disintegration with cheap eggs but when it works the egg gets contained in the middle

Cling film method since seeing it all those years back.
Been having scrambled eggs and salmon on a slice of toast for breakfast lately.
No cling film involved.

1 Like

Cmon people what is in your regular meal rotation.

Nah vortex waste of time if your eggs are fresh and you got white vinegar

1 Like

Wait, what?

Well keen to try this.

We’ve got a couple of chickens / ducks but they’ve used the lockdown period, when eggs would be well handy, to go broody and stop laying.

Can I squeeze them out of them?

Cheese / salad sandwich with seeded bread? #yawn

I quite like beans on toast with a spoonful of chunky peanut butter melted in and grated cheese on top.
Beans have to be heated in a pan rather than a micky though.

Why does everyone find poached eggs so difficult?

Crack egg into a cup, bit of vinegar in the water, stir to get a vortex going, plop the egg into the middle.

Amateurs.

1 Like

I can’t speak for everyone here, but one way is a waste of cling film and the vortex thing usually turns my egg into a sodden cobweb / ghost looking mess.

Keen to try the Les/Tom method.

Key if you’re not using cling film.

Well we’re not professional chefs so… Yeah. Pretty much.

That’s why the vinegar, it stops it going all ghosty. Not sure how, I think it’s some sort of magic.

Also, you don’t want a rolling boil, just simmering otherwise the bubbles break the egg up.

1 Like

My girlfriend recently made some of these.
Pretty easy… Cook your puff pastry between two oven plates so it stays flat but it’s crispy. Spread Philadelphia on it once it’s cooked, then add whatever you want on top.

Here you have it with raw vegetables: sliced carrots, sweet peppers, radish, spring onion and rocket salad. Add roasted seeds, salt, pepper, paprika and fresh lime juice and you’re in for a treat.

Another simpler version, with avocado, crispy bacon and cream of balsamic vinegar.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

I unfollowed Cab on social media for lesser crimes against food than this.

I might turn it upside down and cook the food and have a pie though.

Cheers frank

You’re just not ready for this yet.

See you in 2047. :kissing_heart:

Strawberry salad?

Yeah. Jesus it gives me the willies just thinking bout it now.