Continually updated beat francois lunch v2.0

Yeah emergency only when out of vinegar

Have you been to America? I think their sweet / savoury combos would freak you out

Yup quite a few times.

Got no problem with sweet things on savoury as long as they are combos that work (pineapple jerk/apple sauce on a pork dinner etc) but a raw strawberry should never be in the vicinity of a raw onion. Especially with all that other shit he piles on it.

I do want a word with Frankie here about putting lime juice over raw carrots but I’ll let it slide and let him live his life eating horrible upside down raw pies of it makes him happy :grinning:

2 Likes

Gaze into the horror

It’s healthy and tastes really good combined with all the other ingredients. You don’t put that much lime juice on it, just a tiny bit.

Colombians make carrot salad with raw grated carrots and freshly squeezed orange juice, it’s pretty good.

I never understood how some people can have pineapple on their pizza.
When I was in San Diego I had a local thing that sounded weird but ended being pretty good: barbecue chicken pizza.

I’m always up for trying local specialties when traveling, especially if they sound really weird, haha.

Kebab pizza in Sweden, smothered in a kebab sauce.
Oddly good.
No freaking pineapple on pizza.

They do a banana and curry powder one too, very wrong.

Oh god I forgot about that. It’s a shame, such an illustrious career ended by one unforgivable mistake. FFS cab.

I see nothing wrong with the lime juice, most salad dressing has some citrus in it. Never had salad pie though.

1 Like

I had a kebab with blue cheese not that long ago. It was pretty good!

Something for you to have a go at on Sunday.

Anyone know how Indian restaurants make their curries so amazing? Any homemade curry I’ve ever made just tastes like slightly bitter spicy tomato sauce. What’s the secret?

The spices and a tonne of cream.

Just get a takeaway.

My wife has coeliac disease and got glutened real bad by a high end place so doesn’t trust any takeaways anymore :slightly_frowning_face:

Haven’t had a takeaway for about 2 years I think. I miss them so much.

Have to use way more spice than you’d expect. Also start by frying the spices before adding other ingredients. If you can get fresh curry leaves where you live then try those. And fry with ghee.

Rick Stein’s series on Indian food is good. There’s an accompanying book too. I did one recipe and it was really nice.

Yes I love this!

“That’s a mind blasting curry Ricky”

Say it every time I finish cooking one ha

1 Like

My mate has it and Indian one of the best takeaways for him he says.

Marinating or coating the meat/fish/veg before you cook.

It’s the ghee.

Right. Rick Stein covered in ghee. Got it.