Continually updated beat francois lunch v2.0

I literally just had some on a lamb, potato and pea and green bean traybake. Noice.

1 Like

Sounds good!

Just bumping this thread to say I’ve never heard it called “mint jelly”. If you’re over here you’re much better off looking for “mint sauce”. Eat it with lamb, but don’t expect mint to be the dominant flavour; it’ll be the worst, most vinegary shock of your life if you do. Chuck a spoonful in the gravy and mix it in while you’re at it.

EDIT: Google tells me mint jelly is the more expensive, slightly sweeter brother of mint sauce. Apologies to Les for not doing my research.

1 Like

Yeah of course I’ve had mint sauce. Love it. You can get the Colman’s stuff down here too. I sometimes use it to make raita if I’m in a rush or feeling lazy.

Absolutely fucked it, of course someone with your culinary wisdom has had mint sauce!

2 Likes

I don’t know mint sauce because I know good food, I know mint sauce because I spent a year in England.

Homemade mint sauce is great if you can be arsed. But a mint sauce sandwich is a beautiful thing too. Just loads of Coleman’s mint sauce and two bits of bread

Word to the wise on mint jelly. The Tesco version is best avoided.

The asda one is way better. No graininess and is cheaper and sweeter.

I love anything vinegary and have definitely dipped a lot of bread in a lot of mint sauce!

Sometimes I have half a baguette and just dip it in good olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Get weird stares from my girlfriend but the added guilt makes the whole experience even better.

1 Like

Never tried these, I stick to Colman’s.
EastAnglia4LYFEbruv.

2 Likes

Veggies out there.

Need some inspiration for some nice veggie food to cook myself this weekend. Been trying to eat healthier recently by reducing meat consumption but I seem to have fallen in a rut of just making vegetable stir fry with noodles every other day, because it’s easy. Now I’m bored.

What are your go to dishes?

I really don’t like salads, they make me sad.

1 Like

Loads of veggie lasagne recipes out there. Always banging. Also think curries, enchiladas and stuff like that.

Bean burgers? Veg curry is piss easy. Falafels?

I’ve got a banging tofu recipe if you want it, I’ll message you it.

I did this a couple of nights ago. Added some garlic to it as well. Admittedly I un-veganed it by grating some parmigiana over it , but it was surprisingly good. Will definitely make again :+1:

https://www.abelandcole.co.uk/recipes/tex-mex-gnocchi-avocado-salsa

2 Likes

Morrocan tagine style thing.

basically cubed sweet potato in sauce made with tomato, harissa paste, oinions, chilli, garlic and other stuff.

1 Like

I roasted some butternut squash with feta, lemons and garlic the other night and had it with pasta and loads of olive oil. Felt well Master chef

1 Like

Just made a fucking banging quiche.

Well midlife

4 Likes

Homemade quiche is always a winner with me!

1 Like

Red cabbage risotto with gorgonzola.
Vegetarian hot and sour soup.
Pumpkin and gruyère quiche.
Lentil burgers.
Pasta with homemade pesto sauce.
Cauliflower mimosa (get continental! Here’s a recipe for it).
Eggs florentine.

2 Likes