Continually Updated Decent Graphics

Big fan of transport series-boards but anything that isn’t weed, shit cartoons or vapourwave looks good just now anyway.

5 Likes

These two are really nice. Vaguely remind me of some of the stuff Hecox did for Chocolate. Have you seen this new (?) Chocolate Vanner series? Looks like they’re going back to their roots but with a contemporary twist or something not very Chocolatey. Hhmm…

Girl recently made this board again, I kinda want it for the sake of nostalgia. I’ll skate it if I get it.

Was recently surprised by how similar these two decks looked:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0959/2256/products/IMG_0146_ad5591aa-2a42-4a9b-a66f-2d70a4f7e2d1_2000x.jpg?v=1621520755

Both out at the same time so I suppose it’s a coincidence.

2 Likes

Need that Worrest.

I got the Gore. Haha.

1 Like

Yeah I got a vaguely Hecox vibe as well, probably why I liked it.
I was interested by the vanner series boards.

2 Likes

Loved this album.

5 Likes

I really like the look of these from Five Boro.

1 Like

Five Boro’s graphical output has been pretty much banger after banger for years. Have they had any video material out or do they sponsor any skaters of note? Because I don’t believe I’ve ever seen or heard of anyone riding for them.

1 Like

They’re pretty low-key but definitely legit. I suppose they’re not that big because they care about their local scene more than Instagram.

1 Like

Neil Herrick and Willy Ackers, if Willy’s still on. Been going for 25 years and their stuff always tends to be in all the good shops.

Pretty sure it’s safe to say that these are the two main full-lengths, but happy to be wrong. These are the ones for me anyway.

2 Likes

After checking the back catalogue when looking for these new ones I’d agree… and am also not familiar with who rides for them.

I’ll take a watch of these to put my lack of knowledge right.

Cheers!

1 Like

Randomly saw him and another dude (Dan Pensyl? Can’t remember) filming for one of those Off The Grid Berrics things one night in NY, he was killing it. Doing nosewheelies on a block with carpet on top in a line in a super crusty, typical NY street at night, well good. We talked for a minute and they were sound. Can’t find the video online but I think I had BGPs in it. #theberricswowCMOAC

3 Likes
6 Likes

Might not look good to the untrained eye but it really is.

2 Likes

noice, will check that. thanks

Western Edition do Stereo better than Stereo did Stereo

8 Likes

Have western edition ever put out a bad graphic?

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, heh

do WE have any UK/European stockists/distro at the moment? Been wanting to get some boards for a while but haven’t seen them in any shops for years

New Darkroom board for the office wall. Might skate the Silvas. Current status:

2 Likes

Rock Solid used to distribute them, but nobody bought them unfortunately.

They had a relatively high profile team at one point, with Aaron Suski and Brandon Westgate on there together at one point. Now saying that, in recent years, they seem more like a company whose team was a total afterthought - they’re one of the few companies* where the vibe, look, feel, branding, etc. could be nailed in one print ad or a 1 min video clip of dudes pushing down an NYC street - it’s very much about the overall aesthetic of skating connected with NYC itself. From what I remember, they were looking for a UK team guy at one point, but they wanted him to be living in London only and later they reworked their team to be NYC-only skaters, which might have had something to do with Jordan Trahan leaving when he moved to New Orleans or somewhere.

*Alien Workshop and Anti Hero would be in the same bracket.